The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, after doing a bit of reading, I'm really interested in buying a grounding kit. I don't want to shell out big bucks for some of the more expensive ones I've seen people talk about, in fact I was even thinking about making one myself, until I saw some cheap ones on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2405416697&category=6770
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2406558745&category=6770
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2406488283&category=6776

Do you think these are pretty good? I just don't want something worse than the wires/terminals I'd find at pep boys and radio shack. Thanks.

EDIT: Also, what's the deal w/ the painted terminal block in the first one? Is that a good idea?

·
Music Selecta'
566 Posts
I picked up the R1 kit from x2aa, I have it I was planning on installing it this week sometime (its spring break) so I will have time to do it. I hope it improves "things" like everyone says it will!

·
Music Selecta'
566 Posts
they are all "painted" like that all three of those are the exact same kit! They aren't painted they are I forget the word, its kind of like anodizing except it still allows the flow of electricity or something, just makes it look blue so that it looks flashy

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
when buying those kits, check the content or quantity of copper

it is likely those cheap kits are highly inferior to the more pricier ones

·
2,446 Posts
The cheap kits will do the same exact thing as the pricier ones. Wire is wire. Don't let the marketing fool you.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
just make sure you use copper wire, not the silver wire. if you dont mind using black wire, go to an electric supply house and get some welding cable. it is inexpensive, (at least it is for me, i sell the shit), and it is a good quality copper wire. i just redid my grounding kit today with it, and it works sweet.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
I think im gonna buy good wire and redo it myself, i dont trust any of the wires that come with that kit, what exactly is that grounding block? how can i substitute it?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
i used a non-fused amp grounding distribution block. when youre doing the install, make sure to clean all the ground points with a wire brush to make a little better connection.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Junglist said:
I picked up the R1 kit from x2aa, I have it I was planning on installing it this week sometime (its spring break) so I will have time to do it. I hope it improves "things" like everyone says it will!
Make sure to let us all know how it turns out.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Junglist said:
Junglist I have the same kit but I did not install it yet
because I dont know where all the points are, so after you install it post some pics

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do you guys know what guage those kits are? or at least what guage I should use if making it myself?

·
2,446 Posts
It doesn't really matter, I don't think that much current is running through the wires anyway. I think the only reason they are 4g is because they're heavy duty and made to last. If you want, use 4g.

·
Garbologist Extrodonair
7,262 Posts
^yeah, but the bigger the gauge, the less resistance......and isnt that the whole point of the grouding kit:confused:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts