The Nissan Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I park my car at the train station every morning for work. Since I've gotten my new Alty, I've taken extra care in where I park it. I park in the pay lot, in the large car spaces against the fence so no one has to walk buy it to get to the station entrance. Well Friday after work I get to my car and some ASSHOLE put a damn 6inch scratch on my driver's side back door. I was so mad and shaking with rage :angry2:

I have no luck with cars and scratches. About a month after I bought my Sentra in '99 someone keyed the damn thing at the train station (different station from where I now park). Now, my Alty gets scratched!!! I swear someone has it out for me!!

GGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

:angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

·
Senior Code Monkey
964 Posts
I feel for you ...

That totally sucks ... the first scratch is the most painful.

See if you can buff it out with some non-abrasive wax/compound.

I got my driver's side door scratched up too ...

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My fiance is going to try to buff it out this weekend. I think it went too deep though.

Akima, my car is silver. One of the reasons I bought silver was because I thought it would hide scratches better than any other color. I just didn't think I'd have to put that to the test so soon. :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
First scratch

Same thing happened to me on a trip to New York City (my home town).

Some jealous bastard saw fit to put a five inch, sheet metal deep, scratch on my passenger side front fender.

Got estimates from 250-400 to get it out.

JEALOUS BASTARDS DON'T WANT TO LET YOU HAVE ANYTHING THAT LOOKS GOOD! THAT'S ONE OF THE REASONS I LEFT NEW YORK!

·
Man with Car
776 Posts
What a bummer, IrishPrincess. I feel your pain. My wife's '98 Altima is only four years old, but the damned thing looks like it's been through a gangfight. There are small dings and scratches everywhere, with one good-sized crease in the front fender where someone whanged open his door at lightspeed.

It's ridiculous. People have *zero* respect for other people's property. When I get out of a car, *any* car, I'm always ultra-careful not to let the leading edge of the door come into contact with the car next to me. And keys? Dents while parking? Please.

I've harped on this point in another thread, but I really believe that 90 percent of what's wrong with this country is that people today were raised to avoid responsibility at all cost while pointing their fingers at anyone and anything to assign blame. The obscenely rich tort lawyers are symptomatic of this behavior: Find the deep pockets and get yours.

So if you've got it in your head that you can screw anyone and anything without repurcussion to get what you feel you're entitled to, why not scratch a shiny new car? It's not yours, so who cares? It's the same friggin' attitude that ticked me off in another thread.

I'm sorry for the rant. But I'm sorrier for your scratch, Irish.

Jarrod K. Wright
'02 3.5SE 5-speed
'98 SE 5-speed

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Food for thought

Thanks jkwright!! I agree with you. I am very careful when it comes to other people's cars because I wouldn't want what happened to me *twice* to happen to someone else. People can be so damned ignorant and disrespectful. It's ashame, but not much can be done about it.

When I got to my car Friday, the car parked next to mine was a silver '01 Altima GXE. Maybe there was a jealousy factor there... hmmmmm......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.