The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So cool , I just got done doing a GTI-R into G20 swap , and the guy asked me if I wanted the AWD trans. I said sure , traded hooking up his Boost controller and a couple little things for it ... So I tore it appart , and compared it to the guts of jayare808's old broke trans .... And from what I see the guts are almost the same ...the GTi-R has a couple different things for strength , but the basic gearing and !!!! Get this !!!! 4.125 final drive all look like they will go right into an Altima case ...Yea I will have to swap some things around , but I think it will all work ....I am in the middle of trying to find the actual Altima gear ratios ( I have them at home ) ...So if this all works out , I should have a pretty kick butt trans. super low final drive and possably a shorter gear set ...... I will keep you all informed ...I am just thinking about how many GTi-R swaps that have been done , and how many GTi-R transmissions that are laying around in peoples garages that could be had for cheep !!! Now I just have to find someone with an LSD unit laying around !! ( dont want to pull my good trans appart ) .....Any one ???

·
Banned
2,829 Posts
damn ...now you tell me this now .>~ good luck , i like to know more info about this

·
what is in a name?
2,731 Posts
hail shawn, the creator/innovator.

·
Hello my name is Distance
6,028 Posts
nice find, i think stealthmode20 might have a SE tranny still check with him.

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GOKU said:
damn ...now you tell me this now .>~ good luck , i like to know more info about this
I know what you are saying ... I just had to rebuild mine ( broke 3-4 shift fork ) ...Thats why I dont want to take it all appart ...

·
Wanted
1,084 Posts
Expect my car to be dropped off at your garage soon. :D

·
Golden Member
1,834 Posts
sweet man, i tells ya the gti-r is one sweet drive, better than the wrx in my opinion...

so what r u trying to say mate? u gunna swap AWD into an alty?

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I looked into the specs. !! I am soooooo excided !!! The GTi-R has the same gear ratios except 3rd ( GTi-R=1.272/Altima=1.206 ) and the final drive ( GTi-R=4.125 vs. Altima=3.895 ) ....That will make the car quicker throught the gears , and make the gap between 2nd and 3rd no so much !!! If it all works out , it should improve my ET drasticly !!!!

·
Golden Member
1,834 Posts
oooh okay... fair enuff.... yeah the final drive has a bit in it hey? 4.11 : 1 rules !

·
Registered
359 Posts
Since u guys are already talkin about gear ratios, and asleepaltima brought up the 199*-2000 ayto trans difference, does anyone know the difference in final ratios between the two?

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
i found it thru a google search. but im sure someone here, like maybe CHIA (cuz he wants one SOOOO bad) will probably know it offhand.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts