The Nissan Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
NWS Citizen
1,245 Posts
woah impressive...there's hardly any work done to it and its in the 10s... not sure how well a stock LS1 can take a whopping 200 shot though

Saw a stock GTO running 13.65 last week at e-town. Thats for all those naysayers saying they never saw one run better than a 14 stock.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,269 Posts
gunslash said:
though

Saw a stock GTO running 13.65 last week at e-town. Thats for all those naysayers saying they never saw one run better than a 14 stock.
I believe no one seen them do it....No one probaly can launch it and is burnin the tires off that bad boy;)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Who said they never saw a GTO run faster than 14?:mad:

I remember Motor Trend doing a comparison with the GTO and the Ford Mustang Cobra. And when I posted the story on the SVT website Cobra owners were pissed. I don't blame them though. The Cobra, looks better, was quicker in the 1/4 and slalolm and has a higher top speed and overall more power.
Oh well, that's magazines for you

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,269 Posts
thajones said:
Nice....is this video jerky for everyone, or just me?
Are you talking about the redneck right of passage???

If so..I just watched it and that is disturbing.....A future Skin head in the making

·
How now brown cow?
3,865 Posts
wild willy said:
Are you talking about the redneck right of passage???

If so..I just watched it and that is disturbing.....A future Skin head in the making
The link he posted, I couldn't get a good guage on speed cause it acted like it was running at 10 fps

·
Long-term troll
282 Posts
I've been looking for a GTO on the streets. Everyone I find has a chick driving it.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,269 Posts
Green Maxima said:
I've been looking for a GTO on the streets. Everyone I find has a chick driving it.
I was playing ..or shall I say attempting to entice the guy in the Silver Neon with the fart can and the blue graphics on the side yesterday..He would not even give me a look:(

I ain't touchin no Goat with my slow shifting POS Nissan

·
Registered
655 Posts
gunslash said:
woah impressive...there's hardly any work done to it and its in the 10s... not sure how well a stock LS1 can take a whopping 200 shot though

Just to let you know on hp TV they testes the new 05 GTO's with the LS2 400 hp corvette engine and it ran a 13.65- lucky as run by that LS1 GTO.

·
fLiPrYdE
1,956 Posts
god the sound to the car sounds gorgeous, and i love how he purges at the line

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
The LS1 is a pretty strong motor... Im not suprised he got into the 10s at all... 200 shot plus TC plus DR's and 3" dual exhaust is pretty much the easiest way to get ANY LS1 into the 10s... CMon now people IT S A LS1!!! Its just a fatter/uglier camaro!!

·
donor cycle
14,572 Posts
Stacey3.5 said:
Just to let you know on hp TV they testes the new 05 GTO's with the LS2 400 hp corvette engine and it ran a 13.65- lucky as run by that LS1 GTO.
your logic is flawed. Just because they ran a shitty time in a higher horsepower 05 means the guy he saw with the 04 was lucky? Maybe he was running in better ambient temps, better track prep, and simply.. a better driver? Or perhaps the larger amount of horsepower on street tires is harder to put down resulting in poor 60' and in the end poor e/t? muscle mustangs and fast fords ran 13.5 @ 105mph in a bone-stock 04 GTO in a shootout with the 04 Mach 1.

·
NWS Citizen
1,245 Posts
Man i know i said it myself I'm really scared of buying a brand new car...but that 05 GTO keeps calling my name...damn it I dont want to be in debt for it....
my only other options right now are a 87 gn or a 92+ f body...but those might be a bit too high on maintenance I'd think?

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
that looked almost like Dragway 42 track in Ohio. Nice run though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts