The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
sittin' pretty.
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have a gutted out cat. converter? I'm thinking about gutting mine. Is the o2 sensor for the exhaust on the 2nd gen. located before the cat...or is it connected onto it? There's probably something on the searches for it....i'm just too f***in lazy right now...it's 12:00pm...

and if anyone has done this..what is the sound like? is there a major difference? I'm hoping it makes it slightly louder, louder at idle and at higher rpms.

·
Import Tech.
4,709 Posts
Sorry , butif you gut it you will have a check engine light on all the time !!!!!

·
bvr etr
1,540 Posts
Gutting the cat can loose horsepower from creating more turbulance, thus a high flow cat whould be better. Random technologys cat lost no horse power and added 1 foot pound over a strait pipe on a 240sx with e/i/h.

·
Resistance is futile
5,820 Posts
AltimaDude99 said:
kierandill...that's a good idea and all...I think I might buy one of those plug things you put in that link...but how the f**k do I install that exactly....
Beats the hell out of me -
I can only show you the door, you have to walk through it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.