The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
I run the K&N Filtercharger for the Sentra SE-R , it is a WAI , I loose all of my top end from 4000 Rpm up power with the PR CAI ........ You should be gaining low end with the cold air .... I would sugest puting the filter on the end of the Air Flow sensor and seeing what that feels like , let me know !!!!!

·
525 Posts
IanX12 said:
just want to know I have a CAI and I lose a lot of low end power.
do you know this by by seat of your pants, or from a dyno?

besides, wouldn't you want to trade a little low end for more top end power?, especially with the torquey ka24 engine.

·
VTEC wont save you....
6,411 Posts
SHAWN said:
I run the K&N Filtercharger for the Sentra SE-R , it is a WAI , I loose all of my top end from 4000 Rpm up power with the PR CAI ........ You should be gaining low end with the cold air .... I would sugest puting the filter on the end of the Air Flow sensor and seeing what that feels like , let me know !!!!!
Although i aint one of the fastest ALTIMAS on here...I also run the WAI K&N Filtercharger.I noticed I lost a lil low end power...but up top its all good:D

I am thinking about going with the WEAPON R Intake...But they want like 200 bucks for it at the local shop.

·
candy is dandy.
3,932 Posts
here we go again...

i use the pri CAI. i had the stillen wai before that and i will never use it again.i recently switched from pri cai to the pri wai style and i noticed that off the line the wai is a bit faster,but over 3,000rpm the cai builds WAYYYYYYYY more power,it pulls much harder than the wai type.and of course COLD AIR makes HORSEPOWER.and you cant argue that.id rather have my engine pulling in ambient air temps. than 120 degree engine bay temps.

·
Turbo S13
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it is my 17" wheels that steel from my power because I put my steels back on today and the car pulls much better.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Personally, I think that you should invest in accomidating the lag. Usually you do this by lightening up your car, altering your ignition timing, getting a better exhaust, or getting a higher grade ignition wiring set. All of which should increase your overall performance, and acceleration.

Changing out your hood for one of those new lightweight carbon fiber hoods would work extremely efficiently. There is also on average 500 lbs. of insulation throughout a car. Several other ways of lightening your car would include:

Remove the rear and passenger seats: drop 45 - 50 lbs.

Remove sound deadener, carpet, and headliner: drop 10 - 35 lbs.

Remove the A/C: drop 25 - 60 lbs.

Remove the stereo and speakers: drop 10 - 20 lbs.

Remove the center console: drop 2 - 3 lbs.

Remove the spare tire: drop 15 - 25 lbs.

Remove the windshield wipers and motor: drop 8 - 12 lbs.

I'm always here to help another Altima owner. If you need anything else just ask.

By the way. It's a relative rule of thumb that for every 100 lbs. you drop from your car, you shave a second off your quarter mile time.
:cool:

·
donor cycle
14,572 Posts
i have the kind of CAI that has a nozzle sticking out of it :D

·
candy is dandy.
3,932 Posts
altimaracerx said:
There is also on average 500 lbs. of insulation throughout a car.

It's a relative rule of thumb that for every 100 lbs. you drop from your car, you shave a second off your quarter mile time.[/B]

SOOOOO,if i go off your little theory here,that means that if i get a bone stock altima,and take out 500lbs. worth of insualtion :rolleyes: that i could shave off 5 seconds. (100 lbs.=1 sec.) and take a car that runs 17's in the quarter mile,and make it run 12's......UH,NO.

·
donor cycle
14,572 Posts
100 lbs probably equals more like .1 sec.

·
donor cycle
14,572 Posts
don't concern yourself with what's in my pants

·
22,052 Posts
altimaracerx said:

Remove the rear and passenger seats: drop 45 - 50 lbs.

Remove sound deadener, carpet, and headliner: drop 10 - 35 lbs.

Remove the A/C: drop 25 - 60 lbs.

Remove the stereo and speakers: drop 10 - 20 lbs.

Remove the center console: drop 2 - 3 lbs.

Remove the spare tire: drop 15 - 25 lbs.

Remove the windshield wipers and motor: drop 8 - 12 lbs.

You must live on the moon, cuz your ideas about how much things weigh are whacked.

The back seat weighs like 10 lbs, at most. It's foam covered in cloth.

The windshield wipers would take off about 25 ounces. The little plastic container for washer fluid probably weighs under a pound. Why not just leave it empty? The motors might weigh a couple of pounds each. Remove them and your family car is stuck in the driveway any time it rains. And don't say rain x, you can't drive 60+ mph everywhere.

You think the stock stereo weighs 20 lbs? Did yours come with the factory 10 inch subwoofer or something?

Nissanfreak removed his A/C, and I don't think it was near 60 lbs.

If you want such a light car, don't buy a 4 door family sedan. You're starting with a heavy car, and trying to lighten it that much will make it undrivable on the street, or on a daily basis.

·
Girl-Moderator
4,061 Posts
I have WAI right now(Ractive), but am moving to PR CAI because i'm getting the hotshot header from the groupbuy, and am doing 2.25" all the way through and hi flow exhaust. I already have a Tsudo perf muffler. Plus, it will be better to run NOS/ZEX with the CAI.

·
Registered
19 Posts
peterson

:mad: I'm sorry for offending your sorry ass. If this poor guy is going to race, I mearely gave him some advice, of which he can ignore if he wishes. These are things I've done to my own car, and the weights are estimated. I'm sorry for not being one hundred percent acurate. None of these actions are permanent, because you can always put back what you take out. My advice is for REAL racers that race for money. You can squak all you want but you CANNOT tell me that you wouldn't be willing to do everything possible to speed up your car if you were going to race for cash. I'm not saying he isn't, however, my advice comes from my experience, and it must be right if I've made enough money to buy a new car. By the way I just bought a 95 integra.

Sorry for making you cry:( , maybe next time you'll lighten up and remember that advice is advice and nothing more. There is no requirement to accept or acknowledge anything I say, I merely say it to help other racers.

Sorry for caring.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts