The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Deuce Four-CIB-OIF III
6,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...i'm saving up for intake, header, and exhaust.

What after? I wanna gain high end power. And maybe build up the motor for a turbo. But for now...I wanna be able to keep up with guys on the freeway. Keep up with camaro's and 50's.

Any idea's on what to do after the initial mods?

·
EXPLICIT EDITION
324 Posts
Some pulleys would be nice and then maybe some cams if you have the $$$$$. Cams are probably my next mod if I can save some cash for them??? Or just throw a bottle in that bad boy!!!
There's nothing like hearing your nitrous sprayin while you drive!!!:D

·
Dirt Looks good Sideways
443 Posts
bvexp said:
Some pulleys would be nice and then maybe some cams if you have the $$$$$. Cams are probably my next mod if I can save some cash for them??? Or just throw a bottle in that bad boy!!!
There's nothing like hearing your nitrous sprayin while you drive!!!:D
you cant just got throwing a bottle in there..tuning is in volved and its not a cheap thing to jump into

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
pully would be the NEXT BEST mod. short shifter, auto TB, Jacobs ICE pak, S-AFC to fine tune ur fuel, FPR,

then u start hittin the high dollar items espeically if u want to touch the internals.

forgo all those mods and spray on the stock motor :D

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
pulley, add extra grounding cables, advance timing (that's if you are willing to pay $2/gallon for premium gas), lightweight rims.

And if you really want to keep up with Camaros, get a VQ35 Altima

·
There is no substitute.
2,032 Posts
flare, did you do that ground wire project yet? I was wonderin if ya were still taking pics for a write-up on it, or if ya felt much difference if you already did it.

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
So far I only added an additional 4 gauge cable from the engine block (take a look at the ground cable that's conected to the block under the distributor cap) to the body (You see in the pic of my intake, the metal rectangle thing just behind filter, on the strut tower. There's 2 bolts holding that thing it and I am getting voltage readings from there.)

http://www.altimas.net/registry/users/flarearrow/images/lg_shortram_closeup.jpg

And I added an additional 4 gauge cable from that spot on the strut tower to the NEG post of the battery.

I'm going to do the other misc grounds when I get a chance and GTech the 0-60 time.

I'll post pics later when it's complete.

·
Registered
4 Posts
rectangle thingy

The rectangle thing is your dropping resistor for the pressure solenoid. Should be voltages on both sides of the resistor.

Rob

·
Infantry leads the way!
2,061 Posts
If you want high-end power. get a WAI and the Stillen 4-1 header.
A VB upgrade and TQ converter will help. new cams and rods. A pulley will help some. Oh and an JWT ECU. If you want a turbo than you NEED to cams and rods. The OEM ones can't handle the stress.

·
what is in a name?
2,731 Posts
throw a 125 shot of gas.....blow your motor and go get a 2000 and build it from the ground up for turbo!!!

·
what is in a name?
2,731 Posts
throw a 125 shot of gas.....blow your motor and go get a 2000 motor and and build it from the ground up for turbo and drop it in your alty's engine bay!!!

·
EXPLICIT EDITION
324 Posts
Sucio said:
you cant just got throwing a bottle in there..tuning is in volved and its not a cheap thing to jump into
Tuning the KA for nitrous isn't that hard!!! And I never said it was going to be cheap, I did say it was gonna cost him some $$$$$$$. I'm sure he's not going with a 100shot or more so the tuning part isn't all that complicated. LOL............:cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts