The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody with these springs? They drop the front 1.5" and the rear 1.3". That is the height in-between the Pro-Kits and Sportlines. I was going to order the Sportlines next week, but now I'm second guessing myself and may go with the H&R's, plus believe it or not they are a couple bucks cheaper than the Sportlines.

I use to have H&R springs with Tokico struts and shocks on a BMW 320i and that car handled beautifully. Well anyways thanks for your input.

·
I have a NISMO oil cap
5,563 Posts
Joe, that ride height sounds perfect! Please tell me how much they cost... as I think the pro-kits I have are a tad bit too high... and the sportlines a tad bit too low.

·
aim: Nism025
1,680 Posts
since when does H&R make springs for a nissan, i thought they only deal with german based cars like volkswagon's?

·
*Really New Member*
1,095 Posts
the springs are only 191 and tire rack....my brother has them on his 98 prelude and it rides really smooth even after 2 years......and i think its about the same drop as the one they have for our cars....i dunno how the sportsline or prokit rides but the h&r are about as smooth as the stock springs or maybe even better....

·
Registered
938 Posts
Is it true that HR lists same springs for 3.5 and 2.5? The heavier engine of the 3.5 should call for different spring rates for the front. Does anyone know the diff in rates between the two MFG.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Kaze101 said:
since when does H&R make springs for a nissan, i thought they only deal with german based cars like volkswagon's?
Where you been? They've been making them for Honda's Toyota's, Subaru's, Nissan's etc............for years! I just installed a set of Tokico HP's w/ H&R Sports on my 99 Civic. Highly recommended! I would definitely go with H&R on my next car!

·
Registered
45 Posts
i had them install on my 3.5 for around 2 months and they are great!!

However, they are still too low for some high bumpers around here~

·
Registered
938 Posts
When you say too low, do you mean your car suspensiopn bottoms on full compression or your car just scrapes over speed bumps etc?

hkspecial said:
i had them install on my 3.5 for around 2 months and they are great!!

However, they are still too low for some high bumpers around here~

·
Registered
42 Posts
I would also like to see a pic of a car with the H&R's. I had some H&R coilovers for a honda that were great. I would hope that their springs would work just as well. But we all know bottom line it's how the user likes the looks. All these springs are probably pretty close in performance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts