The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
PHASE 2 las vegas CC
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody do a home made grounding kit? just like aerospeed kits that they sell. if so do you feel a diffents with it? and how did you guys do it, cause i want to try it... thanks

Ray

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
As we all know, electrons travel on the outside of each strand of wire, and the more strands the better.

REAL grounding kits like the ones Hyper Ground makes contains over 1477 strands of 99% pure copper

Other grounding systems use less than 300 strands and some other brands use only aluminum wire that costs less, but doesnt nearly perform as well as copper

Hyper Ground Systems sells for about $100

·
JDM NCP31 & CZ4A
6,528 Posts
u don't "gain" anything...but suppose to help you "gain" back what you "lose"...so ur not "adding" horsepower..ur just tuning hp lost, back :D

so have u got the BW2 yet man??? if not i really wanna run down to importtrenz and get me some BW2 skirts...goin w/o a full kit is pissin me off right now :(

·
team FSP drifting
1,693 Posts
oh....sorry shawn...posted before i saw yours...

yeah read his post....:)

·
Banned
117 Posts
Electrons don't travel on the ouside of the wire... what a gibberish?

·
2,446 Posts
Siizzzoooo said:
As we all know, electrons travel on the outside of each strand of wire, and the more strands the better.

REAL grounding kits like the ones Hyper Ground makes contains over 1477 strands of 99% pure copper

Other grounding systems use less than 300 strands and some other brands use only aluminum wire that costs less, but doesnt nearly perform as well as copper

Hyper Ground Systems sells for about $100
This sounds like marketing BS. The more strands you have in a wire only makes a difference in the flexibility of it. It is much cheaper to do it yourself, just buy yourself some wire and terminals and whatnot and it's done.

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
im going to go old school on this one and use welding wires and terminals. you can get 0 gauge and up at any good welding supply store. high quality too.

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
asleepaltima said:
im going to go old school on this one and use welding wires and terminals. you can get 0 gauge and up at any good welding supply store. high quality too.
You're too late man, I did mine with welding cable already, 0 gauge. Did that when I transfered the battery to the trunk.. The downside however, since there's so many fine strands in the cable, I can't bend it too much, oterwise it's all good. I used a crimp-able connector, but instead of crimping it, I filled the connector with good solder using my hand held torch, dip the cable into the connector and let it cool off of the jig. Ain't no way that thing getting out. I now got a snake traveling between the trunk and the engine bay through the interior.

Edit: surprisingly, the cable's insulation is just so so, but look at the size of that coopers. The grounds were left at 4awg, new cable. Works good. And I drilled the battery tray through the trunk's floor for a secure mount and put the battery in one of those el-cheapo plastic battery box (to comply with SCCA regulation, besides I also got some other metal objects in the trunk) and a 100amp breaker switch in case shit happens.
100amp fuse is a rare find, and with a breaker switch, if something got shorted out, simple, fix the problem and flip back the switch. Saves me a bunch of fuses too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts