The Nissan Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Big balla
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if so what the hell are they made out of? and why do they sound so much better than reagular boxes. i have a box im tryin to finish off and i hear that you can put dynomat in it to make it sound better or coat it with polyurathane cause its pourus---(spelling). well yeah i dont want to spend like 300 dollars on the VT box when i can do the same thing for alot less $$$. anyone???

·
Nissan Pimp *stolen*
413 Posts
bluealtimaman said:
if so what the hell are they made out of? and why do they sound so much better than reagular boxes. i have a box im tryin to finish off and i hear that you can put dynomat in it to make it sound better or coat it with polyurathane cause its pourus---(spelling). well yeah i dont want to spend like 300 dollars on the VT box when i can do the same thing for alot less $$$. anyone???
I was always under the impression that your supposed to sound deaden the inside of your box. But just be careful to take it into consideration when you map out the dims.

·
95 Posts
bluealtimaman said:
THERE BOXES ARE PROLLY MADE OUT OF MDF, IF YOU ADD DYNAMAT TO THE INSIDE OF THE BOX YOU WILL BE ADDING VOLUME TO THE BOX, WITCH MEANS THE SUB WILL THINK IT'S IN A LARGER BOX THEN IT IN. ( NOT ALWAY'S A BAD THING JUST A LITTLE FYI )

·
Big balla
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Re: has anyone heard of VT (virtual technologies) sub boxes??

ALTIMA99seR said:

THERE BOXES ARE PROLLY MADE OUT OF MDF, IF YOU ADD DYNAMAT TO THE INSIDE OF THE BOX YOU WILL BE ADDING VOLUME TO THE BOX, WITCH MEANS THE SUB WILL THINK IT'S IN A LARGER BOX THEN IT IN. ( NOT ALWAY'S A BAD THING JUST A LITTLE FYI )

ok im not understanding this very well, i made my box out of 3/4 mdf, and if i add dynomat it will act like the box is bigger?? that doesnt make sense:confused: what about that polyfill stuff, what does that do??

·
Banned
161 Posts
Re: Re: has anyone heard of VT (virtual technologies) sub boxes??

ALTIMA99seR said:

I know polyfill is supposed 2 make the Sub perform as if it were in a bigger box, but I thought Dynamat in the box just made it more sealed & make the sub perform with better accuracy, but I don't have either in my box so I'm jus basing it off of what I have read. For me it's 3/4 mdf sealed at the edges and I could'nt imagine my JL's hitting any harder than they already do.

·
Big balla
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Re: Re: has anyone heard of VT (virtual technologies) sub boxes??

kdkane said:

I know polyfill is supposed 2 make the Sub perform as if it were in a bigger box, but I thought Dynamat in the box just made it more sealed & make the sub perform with better accuracy, but I don't have either in my box so I'm jus basing it off of what I have read. For me it's 3/4 mdf sealed at the edges and I could'nt imagine my JL's hitting any harder than they already do.

hey what kind of jls do you have, what size and what kinda amp are you pushin it wiht? i got 2 12in w3s in a sealed box that i made that im tryin to finish while i cant drive, im pushin it with a kenwood excelon 401. it hits pretty hard, but i want it to knock the breath out of me when it hits, anyone know what im talkin about??

·
Banned
161 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: has anyone heard of VT (virtual technologies) sub boxes??

bluealtimaman said:

hey what kind of jls do you have, what size and what kinda amp are you pushin it wiht? i got 2 12in w3s in a sealed box that i made that im tryin to finish while i cant drive, im pushin it with a kenwood excelon 401. it hits pretty hard, but i want it to knock the breath out of me when it hits, anyone know what im talkin about??
Yea I got the 12 inch JL w3's too, I pushing them with a Soundstream Rubicon 702. I built 2 seperate boxes cuz my back seat does'nt fold down, I got the boxes on each side of the pass through facing the rear of the truck, then took some left over wood & glued it 2 each box 2 make it look like a port from the trunk to the interior. the difference in bass when I have the passthrough open as oppsed to closed is alot, if U have the fold down seats you don't have to worry about it. Oh & seal U turnk up with some dynamat or other kind of mat, it really helped me out. If I ever get a Digi camera of scanner I'll send you a pick.

·
Banned
161 Posts
Hey bluealtimaman, are those the mercedes side markers or the clear stock ones they got out now?

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Re: Re: Re: has anyone heard of VT (virtual technologies) sub boxes??

kdkane said:
I know polyfill is supposed 2 make the Sub perform as if it were in a bigger box, but I thought Dynamat in the box just made it more sealed & make the sub perform with better accuracy
Yeah, polyfill will make the sub perform as if it's in a larger box. but it's a bad idea to count on using it.. build the box the right size, then add polyfill if needed..

adding Dynamat will make the box smaller.. and I have doubts that it will help with anything else.. the resonant frequencies of your box sides are well above anything your sub is going to be playing.

and believe it or not, but the cones of some subs are more porous than the MDF, so don't worry about it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got some VT pro 10's in a VT box, and if you notice, these boxes have HUGE port holes. From what i understand, these ports make a big difference in volume, but they are very bad for your speakers. I've had my VT 10's for two years now and nothing has gone wrong, and they sound amazing. I'll see if i got some pictures of the box and stuff.

·
Big balla
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
agentbuntu said:
I've got some VT pro 10's in a VT box, and if you notice, these boxes have HUGE port holes. From what i understand, these ports make a big difference in volume, but they are very bad for your speakers. I've had my VT 10's for two years now and nothing has gone wrong, and they sound amazing. I'll see if i got some pictures of the box and stuff.
hey man you live in the ATL right, i think this is the only place to get VT boxes, um yeah post some pics please. thanks.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
having larger ports is a good thing, IF they are the right length..

If you make them bigger diameter without making them longer the tuning frequency goes up, it won't sound good and you can damage the subs..

agentbuntu.. is it possible to get the T/S parameters for those subs? And could you measure the ports for me (#, diameter, length)?

·
Registered
231 Posts
TL thinks he is a big shot with that Win ISD... well he is nuttin' but a punk.....

J/K, yeah post what you got and can measure and he might be able to tweak it a little more.:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.