The Nissan Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so, did you have to completely take out the engine to install them? We were looking it over the other day and thought we might have to drop the engine out to get to the pistons cuz of the way they slide out.

·
Import Tech.
1,491 Posts
orlnd0 said:
i don't have them yet, but you will have to take the engine out...you gonna have to hone the block anyways so its better to take them out.
orlando
Sorry Orlando I have to correct you ... You will have to Bore the block so the pistons will fit correctly ...... My block is at the Machine shop right now having the .020 overbore JE 10.5:1 pistons fitted , So yes the engine has to come out and be completely dissasembled and taken to a Machine shop so the piston bores can be Bored larger so the larger pistons will fit ..... If you were just to hone the block and use stock sized pistons the bore will not be perfectly round causing the rings to not seat correctly ( unless you have less than 15K on your engine ) ...... Yea I know thats what you meant Orlando !!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.