The Nissan Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
(305) Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the heat shield coverin my "stock" headers vibrates when i rev the engine. it looks like i can take it off. just a couple bolts. i just wanted to know if anyone has done it before and if they ran into any problems. just need to fix the problem till i get new ones. thanks

·
Rollin' On Jordans
657 Posts
95_XE said:
I wouldn't do it, unless you feel like replacing your rubber hoses all the time because they heat up and crack from all the heat

·
I OWN XTC,An XTC OWNZ U
909 Posts
Flip_22 said:
the heat shield coverin my "stock" headers vibrates when i rev the engine. it looks like i can take it off. just a couple bolts. i just wanted to know if anyone has done it before and if they ran into any problems. just need to fix the problem till i get new ones. thanks
taking off the heatshild is the biggest pain in the neck, it looks simple take off the bolts and pull it out, but once u get the bolts off, then ur left with no clearence to pull it out, me and carnegee took mine off, it took forever, we got so pissed we gave up on pullin it out, wqe took tin snipps and cut that ish out

·
they call me the butcher
1,975 Posts
yeah i thought it would be simple to but
i ended up taken off the alternator and radiator hose ans still had
to beat it with a hammer to get it off

·
maybe another alty soon?
594 Posts
What kind of benifit could you possibly get from removing your heat shield?

·
boosted
397 Posts
Taking the heat sheild off the stock exhaust manifold will only drasically raise underhood temp. The extra heat would also drain hp and torque from your engine, and shorten the life of everything under the hood. It's not a good idea. Headers don't have or need a heat sheild because they're ceramic coated, which retains the heat from the exhaust and keeps underhood temps to a minimum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.