The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Am I still a NOOB?
2,082 Posts
Personally, IMO, I have seen this before. But after seeing what Alex, cthunder, and Black have been doing, I don't think spending 8800 is worth it at all.

·
Banned
2,829 Posts
Top end ..(race tep) has been around for awhile ....i have yet to see the altima that they have produce or if they ever even went into production ..i do belive SHAWN went to them for the cams ...but not sure if this its True or not .... altho spending 8800 on a motor build up seems to be a pricey , but thats how your going to spend if you want a reliable 300 + hp ...i would just buy the parts (cause you can find the cheaper) and have a shop do the motor work ...

·
team FSP drifting
1,693 Posts
i've heard the work they do is only so-so at best...and def not worth the cost...

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
wouldnt touch em, heard really bad things and they have a couple of law suits in the works for false dyno numbers...

·
Hello my name is Distance
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats cool just seeing what is with it. thanks dudes

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
^ I could do all of their work for about half their cost, and have it turn out better. they still use the stock rods and shot peen them, that's bad for boosting over 15psi. if you've got 8800 bucks, I'll build you a really nice engine, I spent about 7000 (parts and labor) total for mine, and mine goes up to 40psi.

·
Hello my name is Distance
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cthunder get on aim and im me

·
Turbo Motorhead
3,466 Posts
I only know about them from what I've read here. Most things said about them have not been too positive. That's a warning flag for me!

As far as the dollars to hp, my motor build project was about 6K plus an additional 'e' housing....so about the same as cthunder. I had all the internals spec'd to handle a minimum of 30psi as well as the block, it should hold more though. Custom work equals a lot of dinero. 8.8K should def put you in that neighborhood. I hope to see better numbers when my current Stage 3 project is complete.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts