The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when i first joined up here, i still owned my 05 altima se-r.

Well the motor had to be rebuilt, excessive oil consumption, and it never felt the same. Eventually wife got pregnent, and i got hurt on the job. ive had 2 back surgeries since then. I had to sell her. Then after selling her i found out some really disturbing news.

Apparently the nissan dealer that rebuilt the engine, put a kid on rebuilding it that was inexpereinced, and left the cam bolts loose as well as other stuff on purpose. They were joking about it i guess. They were lucky i didnt own the car anymore or id sue the shit out of them. Was completly bull shit what they did to the car :(.

Well since then ive owned a b13 turbo that gave me hell, and a hardbody. Well after selling the turbo b13 i found something i had to buy. My old 200sx that i had sold to get my altima se-r.
When i first got her before the altima.

After i did shit to her. yah ricey on some things but i was a idiot back then on that car. It looked clean, i just had some ricey things done, like those lights. This is what she looked like when i sold her.

Now when i found her again, she was for sale at a dealer. Apparently the guy i sold her to, it got stolen, and stripped (or thats what he says) so he got it put back together, then it got hit in the quarter and fixed, Well all the electrical got ****ed and yanked out when it was stolen, he then blew up 3rd gear, and traded it in. I saw it sitting at a dealer on craigslist and bought it back for a very cheap price. I had sold it in 08 for 5,500, and bought it back for 1,100 lol.
When i got her from the dealership, so sad :( smelled like mildew inside.

And this is now.

Carbon fiber hood is getting yanked or painted to match the car, i love the extra cooling it provides for the engine bay, but i hate the cf look.

Things ive done. Yanked out the de, dropped a sr20ve and n1 cams, with nistune ecu, new axles, completly redid all the wiring, fogs were ****ed, re wired them, everything in the car got redone. Rare nismo lucino frong grille, only like 3 in the usa, Lucino power folding mirrors, Rare chrome sel rims. She moves really good but i still miss the altima so very much :( it sucks, but its nice having my first car back and done the way i wanted it to be done the first time around. Just figured id come back and say hey ;) im not dead.

·
ZERO MILES SINCE 2013
4,993 Posts
Reunited with your first car; after 2 back surgeries, troublesome b13 turbo, wife pregos, and the SE-R motor being rebuilt by a punk kid at the dealership... Damn lol.

It must be nice to have your actual first car back though. My first car was a '90 Eclipse and my goal was to be fully bolted on with a turbo swap. I only got as far as the turbo swap :lol:

Are you done with the 200sx as far as mods go?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Technically my first car is my 71 datsun 510 in my garage, but this was the first car i ever bought. My dad gave me my 510.

Pretty much done, I just bought a 67 datsun 411 that im going to build. I was thinking turbo, but the n1 sr20ve is fun enough, and its a daily driver. I enjoy her the way she is, i just need to get my black hood back on. I have some interior fixes i still need to do, but with a 13 month old spitting up, getting car sick, stuff like that the interior is waiting a while lol. I just want to get altima se-r leather heated seats, and the rear covered in matching leather once my boys out of a carseat. I miss the heated seats, especially after the back surgery.

The only thing ive changed on the 08 se-r is the grille, i ****ing hate our 08. Given the chance when i get my credit score back up after all this back shit we will trade it in for another altima se-r. The wife knows how deeply i miss mine, i just found it for sale, and the kid wants more than i sold it to him for, and like i said, its a ticking time bomb. But i still wanted it back :(. I just miss the looks the altima se-r got. I always got compliments, like thats a altima? that looks to mean to be a altima. Now i get riced out hondas trying to race me that i still leave crying on the side of the street, but i miss the vq and the sound of the 3.5 with the cold air intake when you get on her. Such a good sound. But i dont miss the gas prices for the altima :)

·
My little champion...
4,968 Posts
Technically my first car is my 71 datsun 510 in my garage, but this was the first car i ever bought. My dad gave me my 510.

Pretty much done, I just bought a 67 datsun 411 that im going to build. I was thinking turbo, but the n1 sr20ve is fun enough, and its a daily driver. I enjoy her the way she is, i just need to get my black hood back on. I have some interior fixes i still need to do, but with a 13 month old spitting up, getting car sick, stuff like that the interior is waiting a while lol. I just want to get altima se-r leather heated seats, and the rear covered in matching leather once my boys out of a carseat. I miss the heated seats, especially after the back surgery.

The only thing ive changed on the 08 se-r is the grille, i ****ing hate our 08. Given the chance when i get my credit score back up after all this back shit we will trade it in for another altima se-r. The wife knows how deeply i miss mine, i just found it for sale, and the kid wants more than i sold it to him for, and like i said, its a ticking time bomb. But i still wanted it back :(. I just miss the looks the altima se-r got. I always got compliments, like thats a altima? that looks to mean to be a altima. Now i get riced out hondas trying to race me that i still leave crying on the side of the street, but i miss the vq and the sound of the 3.5 with the cold air intake when you get on her. Such a good sound. But i dont miss the gas prices for the altima :)
LOL. I was going to say, with all the work you are capable of doing, how about a 2002-2004 SER or Spec V w/ a VQ35 swap?

·
03SE_Clean and Simple
253 Posts
I wish it was that easy to get my first car back. Wanting the Altima so bad, I sold the car to a couple of guys from Afghanistan who work for a guy in Rhode Island that buys 93-97 toyota corollas and fixes them up to send over seas. Apparently over there they use these cars as taxis. I don't even know what could be going on to my car right now lol. After 2 years with the Altima and all the money I put into her(maintenance wise) I wish I could go back the 95 corolla. Had her for 6 years and only switched brakes once, tires and an alternator in the 6th year probably because of the $2000 system in it lol.. but you lucked out man thats cool as hell

·
Raiders & Lakers 4 Life
4,195 Posts
nice rides u got

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well. Im back. Ive had a 05 sentra se-r for a lil while now. Still have my preserved 510 show car and my other 510. But we decided were selling the wifes g20, so she can start driving the sentra. And i found a 06 alti se-r for 8k at a dealer. Ive looked at about 8 different ones in my area, and between rust, mold, and leaking like crazy inside....i finally found the gem in the bunch of turds. Shes got a few lil issues, but nothing i cant work on.

110k, auto (didnt want 6 spped again due to the issues, and my wife not driving stick), has no dents just a few lil marks in the paint and a gas door that sticks otu a lil to far for some reason. Also the vinyl/paint on the back driver door is peeled and rusted? Anyone seen that before and any suggestions on fixing?

I missed having one of these cars, forgot how much fun they are.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also heres my 72 preserved all original 510, and my 71 modified 510/project (project as in i need to get her stripped and re-painted)
Also my old 05 altima se-r.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yah when i first found out about them coming out in late 2003, i wanted one. In 2007 i got my 05, was my dream modern car compared to my 510's. Then i got excessive oil consumption so bad you could see it burning through the pipes. I had nissan rebuild it, then found out a new tech rebuilt it, and the car felt like shit. Had constant issues to, even a coolant line getting cut becasue they did not put it where it should of been. So i sold it at a loss :(. Now i finally got one back, and know NOT to let nissan touch it for anything but a oil change.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How my 06 looks right now.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Oh , nice & clean !

That s what my 2nd SER Alti would look like if mint as yours .

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im still not as much of a fan of the smoke as i was the silver. Just the silver always looked so clean and sharp.

·
Novice Grease Monkey
706 Posts
Congrats! It seems like some people who don't really know how rare these cars are dog the sh!t out of them. There a black SE-R here around town and I've seen 6 different people drive it and it misfires.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
My other totalled SER was silver , wish I could ve found one quick after accident . But I m getting used to it now .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts