The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Steelie Crew Member #001
1,106 Posts
need a quebec drivers liscense, quebec address and plate your car with quebec plates...

Main problem is getting plated in quebec. you need to pass your car at inspection.. which is grrrrrr... even if it is a new car...

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
not worth the time even if you manage to make it cheaper. plus if you get pulled over and the cop finds out you actually live in Toronto...lets just say you probably won't want to be in that position.

·
I'm the drunk member
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I can get an adress in Montreal easy.
And 300$ vs 50$ insurance worth it! Inspection and license will give me some trouble. And also I heard that u can't drive with quebeck license for long time in ontario

·
BUCK FUTTER
1,675 Posts
Was contemplating the same for quite a while as well... By what i've heard, you will actually have to transfer your perm. address to the Que. one... it'd be like actually living there; income tax, health card, etc... Pretty big headache. Still trying to find a way around this accursed insurance problem though...

Time to enroll at McGill :D

·
crumbum
396 Posts
i was driving here with my parents neon for almost 6 years on Quebec plates and insurance
we only recently switched when we got a new Santa Fe
i only had an Ontario drivers license
i got pulled over twice and not a problem, just said i was living at my mom's or something like that

·
Steelie Crew Member #001
1,106 Posts
ya once you got the PQ plates it all good...ANd no you don<t have a limitied time to drive in ontario with quebec license.

All you need an address, proof of residenacy *sp?* they will get you to transfer ur premit, and plates. inspect the car. then home free...

·
BUCK FUTTER
1,675 Posts
:eek: I have all sorts of family in downtown MTL... How do I prove residence? So I drive with an Ontario drivers license, but with QC plates?

·
Steelie Crew Member #001
1,106 Posts
to proof your living in quebec, you need a copy of a rental or duying lease. or something official from the gov, tax, so on and on...
depends on what kinda day the person at SAAQ is having...

·
Captain Obvious!
874 Posts
3600...daaaamn.
mine's 1450 full coverage....
Another thing with coverage in montreal, is that it's gonna cost you more than a less populated region in quebec.
You can always call an insurance co. over here for a quote....

But as for WHAT you need, i think you just need a permanent address in quebec...I'm originally from the Quebec side of the capital region, what lots of people do to pay for cheaper plates, is plate their car in ontario, all they need is a "permanent" address in Ontario...so i'm assuming its the same over here.

Keep us posted on if you do it or not, i'm curious to see if you can get away with it! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts