The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Wanted
3,443 Posts
I used to have one, the Type 5. It had a good sound, pretty deep, but loud.

·
maybe another alty soon?
1,549 Posts
My friend used to have one, and IMO it was waaayy too loud...

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
Ive got one on the way from alex. I also have a Stillen header and downpipe, and getting 2.25 custom piping done at Meineke when I get this in. I'll let you know how it looks and sounds.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
krackmnkysnick said:
Ive got one on the way from alex. I also have a Stillen header and downpipe, and getting 2.25 custom piping done at Meineke when I get this in. I'll let you know how it looks and sounds.
Hey, don't you have a lot of $$$? Maybe you can do a test for us :) Get on the dyno w/the stock piping and the hayame muffler, then go on the dyno again after you get catback done. Someone needs to prove osama's theory that stock piping yields more power than 2.25" piping.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
I dont plan on some huge power increase from adding a 1/4-inch diameter to my exhaust piping. The reason Im getting 2.25 is because the Stillen header outlet on the downpipe is 2.25.

If I can find a place with a dyno that is relatively close, I'll do it one day after work. Probably be middle of next week sometime. And if the muffler doesnt just bolt on to the flange, forget it. I cant weld for shit. lol

·
Speed Ricer
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What are u paying for the muffler im gettin it for 209 from a local shop, it looks pretty good to me. The guy said that its got a deep throaty sound to it not too loud and not too quiet.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
You got jipped. Alex has em for $99 plus shipping. Hell, the Apex'i ones cost $200...but you're probably paying for "local/convenience" fees :D

·
Speed Ricer
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
99 bucks i might have to get it through him isnt he the one who works for South West Auto works? and the style im lookin for is the one that is identical to the N1.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
I called and told him what I was looking for (the deep low sound of a greddy without paying $500) and they sold me a muffler. I didnt even ask what brand. The next day I asked and he told me it was a Hayame. With shipping and everything it was $120-something...

Call em is the best I can tell ya. Maybe it's a totally different style muffler. I was looking into getting the Apex'i dunk but no one stocked em and I was also told they were really loud.

·
Banned
6,942 Posts
Nick got the ever so popular mini bomb style. We carry various Hayame mufflers at different prices, we just get a better discount on them, BUT WE GUARANTEE THE CHEAPEST PRICE IN THE COUNTRY ON ANY HAYAME MUFFLER, WE'LL BEAT ANY AUTHORIZED DEALER'S PRICE (seeing as though we are one of the largest dealers of Hayame products ;) )

·
Speed Ricer
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so what is the best u could do for me on a hayame muffler that is the cannister style i think its the XT5 muffler. and this is addressed to nissanlunatic. im not exactly loaded with money considering im 16 and dont have a job currently

·
Speed Ricer
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks for the offer but i think im gonna go with a local shop who has it for 209 and i can get it that day and have it installed that day so i dont have to wait for the product to arrive. but i think it will look gay on my car since im still at stock ride height and have hubs and steelies but oh well that will get taken care of in a few months.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.