The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i was just wandering how many of u guys have the heads up display. i got it on my 93 gle. tell me what year uve got and if u have it or not.

·
AKA Howey Feltersnatch
2,051 Posts
there are pics floating around. but its pretty rare tho for the alty, kinda like the lsd. but i wish i had it on my car, along w/ the auto climate controls and some damn seat heaters for the leather

·
4,020 Posts
Yeah, I'm almost positive it was only available on the 93 and 94 models (expensive option too).

·
4,020 Posts
kudakev97SE said:
there are pics floating around. but its pretty rare tho for the alty, kinda like the lsd. but i wish i had it on my car, along w/ the auto climate controls and some damn seat heaters for the leather
You can get aftermarket heaters put in, there's a few places here in Syracuse that does them for about $250 for both front seats.

·
4,020 Posts
It's a little projector on the dash above your gauges. It projects your speed, some warning messages and some other stuff on your windshield so you don't have to look down at your gauges when your driving. It was a big thing in the early 90's for a lot of cars, including Altimas. However it never really caught on to the public, and kind of phased out. There are a few cars that still have these systems in them, but very few. It was an option on high line models of Altimas, but it was expensive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've got it on my 93 Bluebird SSS came standard ( doesnt work well with direct sunlight ) including LSD
& all 4 wheels Have discs which i noticed the U.S. spec. Alimas don't have

·
Shift_in the Z
526 Posts
and my friends GXE has them also, i guess it was an option, the 4 wheel discs that is...

·
Speed Ricer
1,198 Posts
yeah sean screw u and kevin, discs and drums rule!!! and my car sounds cooler than urs. but yeah i dont have heads up display.

·
EL COME TOTO!!!
962 Posts
i can get the digital climate controls for the alti but i wanna know how hard it is to install on one that doesnt have it. is it plug and play or do u have to work and splice the wires? oh yea and do some alti's come wit heated leather?

·
good one Fonzie
11,588 Posts
kudakev97SE said:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Is there any sort of aftermarket HUD or can you make a stock one fit?

·
good one Fonzie
11,588 Posts
yes, there are some aftermarket kits. The stock one can be done, but you need the dash with HUD, gauge cluster, knowledge of what wires to splice and either the GLE windshied or a piece of tint for the display to read out on.

stealthmode20 is the only one I know of who did this, but I'm looking to do it eventually along with digi climate control which I posted above

·
sittin on chrome....
503 Posts
I used to have climate control and HUD in my wrecked GLE. I miss them, especially the HUD. But my red SE is worth giving it up I guess.

I will probably sell both the HUD and the Climate Control later when it gets warmer, if anyone is interested.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts