The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Girl-Moderator
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Header install coming soon, what all will I need? We bought the header in the group buy and they will hopefully be shipped out this week. My bf and his buddy are gonna put it in, along with Catco high flow cat and 2.25" piping. Does the header already come with a new gasket(s)? We are gonna get the piping done at a local muffler shop here in town, but need to know of anything extra. Will the header just bolt right up to the existing exhaust so we can drive it to the muffler shop? Any other info appreciated.

·
7,727 Posts
if you have a '95 plus you will have to get the header tapped for the extra sensor, the front I think engine mount grinded a little and a new exhaust manifold gasket. This is speaking from what I've read.

·
*Honorary Member* Bass&Style is all U need.
3,923 Posts
Hi Vixen!

I called Hotshot about 10 mins ago.... Still waiting on Fredo to call them to finalize the order.

You'll need a header gasket from a Nissan dealer. It's pretty cheap from what I'm told. You'll also need to drill the header for the censor. Once the header is installed you are supposed to cut the rest of the gasket away.

I'm getting my entire exhaust done in one shot.
New Header
New Catalytic Convert
New Exhaust Cutoff
New Muffler
New 2 1/4 piping

Getting everything cheapy cheap too. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Girl-Moderator
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fredro called my bf and I thought he asked what year we had
so HotShot woud do this for us..? what is exhaust cutoff?Cuz
i'm getting everything else and want to make sure i do everything.

DeRaNgEd said:
Hi Vixen!

I called Hotshot about 10 mins ago.... Still waiting on Fredo to call them to finalize the order.

You'll need a header gasket from a Nissan dealer. It's pretty cheap from what I'm told. You'll also need to drill the header for the censor. Once the header is installed you are supposed to cut the rest of the gasket away.

I'm getting my entire exhaust done in one shot.
New Header
New Catalytic Convert
New Exhaust Cutoff
New Muffler
New 2 1/4 piping

Getting everything cheapy cheap too. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
H.N.I.C.
2,773 Posts
don't worry about the exhaust cut off valve...
that is some shyt that is like after the header, b4 the catylitic convertor that switches the exhaust flow from through the piping to jus out the side...
for like racing..
it's as illegal as can be...
i don't take it u'll be doin any major racin'
and for all we know u might actually lose power.....

·
Girl-Moderator
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh, he means by-pass valve..

yeah, nah, I better not get that.

But i will be doing the pulley, ignition
and NOS soon. So yes, I am looking to go
fast.

twofaze said:
don't worry about the exhaust cut off valve...
that is some shyt that is like after the header, b4 the catylitic convertor that switches the exhaust flow from through the piping to jus out the side...
for like racing..
it's as illegal as can be...
i don't take it u'll be doin any major racin'
and for all we know u might actually lose power.....

·
donor cycle
8,714 Posts
I have a 95 w/ hotshot and the only modification I had to do was cut a peice of the motor mount so the O2 sensor would clear. PHX Altima had a header on his 97, it has the extra O2 sensor.

·
*Honorary Member* Bass&Style is all U need.
3,923 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts