The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
It's Paid For.
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Hotshot header from Alex today, so I am putting it in Saturday. I already got new gaskets, washers, bolts, cat gasket. Are there any pointers to help with the install. I will be soaking the bolts the night before. Also, the manifold gasket that came with the header, should I use it too?

·
Registered
626 Posts
The bolts will come off pretty easy..no worries just take your time and do your self a favor and move the alternator...it should take no more than 3 hrs for ya

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
yeah, you're gonna have to move the alternator out of the way a little. I soaked the bolts and ish in a penatrating lube as well, came right off!!

Should be a smooth install, with no probs, no more than 3 hours. But to be safe, i always aloow for some retard time, so say 4 hours just to be safe.

i'd only use one gasket, there's no need for both. either will do i'm sure. Just make sure you torque it to specs (the right way).

·
maybe another alty soon?
1,509 Posts
I'd say watch out for your EGR valve tubing that you've gotta remove from the stock manifold. I just put my header on, and I mangled the tubing trying to get it out of the manifold. It was not coming out.

Other than that, it's not a bad operation.

·
destroyer of words
2,214 Posts
93Clear said:
I'd say watch out for your EGR valve tubing that you've gotta remove from the stock manifold. I just put my header on, and I mangled the tubing trying to get it out of the manifold. It was not coming out.

Other than that, it's not a bad operation.
there's a little bracket behind the distributor that holds the egr tube. it should come out easier if you take that off. i had to move the alternator and pull the top radiator hose and fans when i installed mine. went pretty smooth after that.

·
Lite Brite Disposal Tech
1,724 Posts
cthunder said:
haha kiss your knuckes good bye! or atleast spring for some mechanics gloves...
Mmmmm....yes....I LOVE my mechanics gloves...saved my ass when I was putting on my header. It's really not that hard of an install, but I would start on the bolts from the downpipe to the cat. Those were the only ones that gave me any trouble. Then if you cant get them off for some reason, you not stuck with all the bolts already off the header. Also, you might want a long extension to make tightening the bolts from the header to the downpipe easier. One in particular would take about half an hour to tighten with 2 wrenches. Just take your time and enjoy the satisfaction afterwards.

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
yea , you may want to soak the EGR tube in WD 40 the night before !!! Other than that ..I had to buy a new EGR pipe ....

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
lol, make sure u have a 24mm (or 15/16, same size) open end wrench before u do the egr.

·
Deceptacon
639 Posts
ok, i just got my Hotshot as well, and in the instructions it said that the kit didn't come with gaskets. well then what the hell were the "gasket looking" things that perfectly fit between the header and the block, and between the down pipe and the cat? also do i need gasket sealant w/ this? and finally, what are the tourque specs on the header bolts?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts