The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
350Z
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just talked to Terry at Stillen and he said that the headers are exactly the same for 1st gen and 2nd gen altimas. Is that true and why the heck did I have the impression that they weren't??????

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
osama said:
I just talked to Terry at Stillen and he said that the headers are exactly the same for 1st gen and 2nd gen altimas. Is that true and why the heck did I have the impression that they weren't??????
they're probaly the same shape, but the o2 sensors are gonna be in different spots.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
osama said:
so will it fit?
yes, but keep in mind you will have to keep your o2 sensor unplugged(check engine light)and possibly custom piping to the muffler.(which you were probaly gonna do anyways :) )

Personaly I'm am just going wait for the 2nd gen header to come out.:)

·
350Z
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ZKrazy

Are you sure they aren't already out, because he told me that "his computer says" that he has a header that works on my 99 Altima and that they are all exactly the same due to same engine. I am totally confused, can you plz do me a favor and talk to your Stillen people and please straighten me out.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
sorry..i meant 9 days. and how dare you challenge my stillen knowledge!!! :) but dude..THEY USED MY CAR TO MAKE THE HEADER. if they are out..i should have it FIRST..on the other hand..maybe they just didnt want to give it to me :mad: last time i talked to "my guy at stillen" they were sent to get ceramic coated and should be ready to ship on sept. 1. the headers should be different because i believe the 93-95 dont have the extra sensor.

·
H.N.I.C.
2,773 Posts
how much are the stillen headers again?

·
350Z
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ZKrazy said:
sorry..i meant 9 days. and how dare you challenge my stillen knowledge!!! :) but dude..THEY USED MY CAR TO MAKE THE HEADER. if they are out..i should have it FIRST..on the other hand..maybe they just didnt want to give it to me :mad: last time i talked to "my guy at stillen" they were sent to get ceramic coated and should be ready to ship on sept. 1. the headers should be different because i believe the 93-95 dont have the extra sensor.
I am not challenging you at all. I actually need your input.
Ok, will they told me it will work and they did mention that their test vehicle was a 98' and its in the mail to my house right now.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
sorry osama..it turns out you were right and they had the header ready. anyways. i'll be getting mine on monday..and im going to install it the same day. whipee!!

·
350Z
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ZKrazy said:
sorry osama..it turns out you were right and they had the header ready. anyways. i'll be getting mine on monday..and im going to install it the same day. whipee!!
I'm doing mine Tuesday so plz keep us updated about it and I will share my experience with it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts