The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Senior Player Hater
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got 1G to spend, and I'm looking at an intake and headers for my 2001 gxe. Does anyone have a suggestion to what kind of intake and header I should buy? I already have a nice exaust, and want to get intake and headers instead of NOS. So any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
hard on equipment
862 Posts
I'm confused, you say header and intake instead of NOS ... but you have to realize that you're going to get nowhere the performance gain from i/h/e that you will from nitrous.
And yes, the weapon R intake is a piece of crap. The Stillen header is the only one yet for the 2001 and the undisputed heavyweight champ of the world is the PR CAI. Even though WAIs have been dyno'ed at higher actual hp gains.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Don't get a CAI. It won't scream like you want it to. It'll growl. Get a adaptor and cone filter (sorta like a short ram).
Then get yourself a header, catalytic converter, and catback. That will free up your aspiration and have you ready for NOS. However, the cost breakdown sucks in terms of performance, unless you get nitrous:
intake: 50
header: 350?
cat: 75-150
catback: 300-600

So that's around $800 and gives you maybe 10hp? Hit the nitrous for the same price and you've got another 50-75hp for a few minutes. Factor in a cost of refilling the tank every...hmm...month? That's $30 each time.
Anyways, hope this helps. I'm taking my CAI out and getting JWT nitrous.

Jay

·
Senior Player Hater
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was thinking of a supercharger, but dont really know that much about their long term use. My car only has 5k on it, and I dont know how a supercharger would affect the long term use. I dont wanna just be putting shit in my car when I dont know how it really affect the engine, so I was just thinking that if there were any intakes that make a high pitch, it would be better for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts