The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
digitalwavetel
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys, but how do you adjust your headlights if you don't have a headlight adjusting board?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
isn't it in the manual?
Jay

·
digitalwavetel
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ThurzNite said:
isn't it in the manual?
Jay
Wassup Jay? Yeah the instructions are on there, but it assumes you have access to a headlight adjusting board. But I don't have one. How do you do it?

·
Nipponese
4,000 Posts
You don't need a board. Just face your car aginst a wall on a flat surface with the right distance. You do have a tape-measure don't you?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
poisonfist said:
You don't need a board. Just face your car aginst a wall on a flat surface with the right distance. You do have a tape-measure don't you?
maybe the 2nd gens are diff? I know for 1st gens it tells u in the manual and there's nothing about a board.
Jay

·
10,373 Posts
I think 1st gens have a level on their headlamps anyways. 2nd gen, just line up the car to a wall and align them. If you don't have a wall or somewhere flat, then adjust them a bit, go driving around and see if they are too high. This is what i did, and go tit exactly how i wanted it with very few flashes of other cars (different story on darker roads, hehe) ;)

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
14,715 Posts
Park the car in a flat surface facing a wall like a garage.

well, just look at the top of your headlights (saying this for 2nd Gen so 1st should be similar).

look for 2 small holes (one in either end). there hsould be a gear type screw inside. Take a phillips screwdriver and insert it into the gear holes closest to the middle of the car. rotate and you should see the light goe up or down.. just adjust.. I might be able to post exactly the height and distance you ahve to be at from the wall, but that would be tonight when i get home.

·
digitalwavetel
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
victor said:
Park the car in a flat surface facing a wall like a garage.

well, just look at the top of your headlights (saying this for 2nd Gen so 1st should be similar).

look for 2 small holes (one in either end). there hsould be a gear type screw inside. Take a phillips screwdriver and insert it into the gear holes closest to the middle of the car. rotate and you should see the light goe up or down.. just adjust.. I might be able to post exactly the height and distance you ahve to be at from the wall, but that would be tonight when i get home.
Cool! Thanks Victor!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts