The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've changed my headlight bulbs twice already, and here are my opinions. First off the stock ones were okay in terms of night vision and brightness, but they were too yellow for me. I then changed them to the Hiper bulbs, which were just horrible. They looked nice (white, no yellow), but I lost alot of night vision. I finally found a set of bulbs that I liked. I got the Philips Premium. They are advertised to produce 30% more light than stock. They are correct when saying that. The light is very evenly distributed across the road, and the center of the road is nicely illuminated. The night vision is great. When looking at the headlight, there is only a very white color, no blue or yellow. The bulb itself is not coated blue. I was about to get the Philips Vision Plus, which supposedly produces 50% more light than stock, but I was afraid of blinding people. Both the Philips Premium and Vision Plus are NOT DOT approved for the H1 size.

As for the foglights, I originally had yellow APC bulbs, but they were coated to thick for my taste. I ended up getting the Philips All Weather bulbs. They produce a yellowish light that I found very effective in snowy and rainy conditions. When looking at the foglights, they are more yellow than normal halogen bulbs. Also, the yellow is not as intense as the Lexus's. The Philips All Weather bulbs are also known as Weather Vision.

The headlight bulbs are H1
The foglight bulbs are 9006
I got both Philips bulbs from www.powerbulbs.com They are located in the UK, but they ship free to anywhere.

Hope this helps.

G

·
Like you, I went throught lots of changes of bubs in my se as well as my last car. I finally screwed my head on and spent the $400 for real HIDs conversion kit and they are out of this world. Now my biggest problem is the high beams not really doing anything. I put in an old set of 100w bulbs that I had in my contour and they seem to be enough to make a difference. One thing I had to do with the HIDs, I needed to lower the aim a little because I was always getting brights at me. I am adjusting the aim up a little every few days to get better distance and will stop when I start getting flashed again.

I also put the H1 blue visions and your correct, they do give a little more light and they were a good choice over the factory bulbs. What I found was wet pavement was a problem, you couldn't see anything

·
14 Posts
Wattage

I have the factory HIDs and I hate the "yellow" light from the driving lights. I am looking to replace the bulbs with some Hyper White or Blue bulbs that will more closely match the HIDs color. Will the bulbs you describe here do that? What wattage did you use for the driving lights?

·
Registered
11,480 Posts
Re: Wattage

macfamm said:
I have the factory HIDs and I hate the "yellow" light from the driving lights. I am looking to replace the bulbs with some Hyper White or Blue bulbs that will more closely match the HIDs color. Will the bulbs you describe here do that? What wattage did you use for the driving lights?

With Xenon White, Noyka, PIAA's, etc.., you could match the way HID lights look on the car but you'll never match the brightness that the real HID lights put out on the road..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts