The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Pharewell Phish
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, how do you remove the headlight bulbs on a first gen? I tried pushing from both sides where it said to on the rubber houseing thing (looks like this -> push <- )and i tried twisting the plastic ring that is around the housing in the back and got that thing off, but I can't seem to get anywhere from there. I don't have an owners manual and i did a search but couldn't find anything useful. I don't know if there is a trick i need to know about of if my bulbs are stuck in there. Thanks in advance.

·
DRGN4DR
2,128 Posts
pull that rubber boot back..u will see a metal clip then u will see a groove where that metal clip comes out...then the bulb will come right out....

·
Registered
31 Posts
rotate the bulb retaining ring counterclockwise..remove the rubber boot..then pull the bulb assembly from the housing..for the passenger side you may want to take the coolant resevoir out(1 screw)..and on the driver side u can try just taking the battery tie down off and holding the battery back..if that doesnt work u may have to take the battery out.....g.l.

·
Banned
0 Posts
mrdeucie said:

If you are referring to the harness for the headlight bulbs. Yes you do need to take it off.

to change the bulb itself, yes, you need to take it off......to remove the bulb from the housing, no, you don't have to.

·
Banned
0 Posts
mrdeucie said:

how do you get the metal retaining clip off without taking the harness off?
take the ring off, then the rubber boot, and slide them down the wiring harness....you have access to the metal clip right there. I will post a pic if ya need a visual. Basically, do everything you need to without removing the harness, and you can get the bulb out.

·
6,859 Posts
djsassan said:

take the ring off, then the rubber boot, and slide them down the wiring harness....you have access to the metal clip right there. I will post a pic if ya need a visual. Basically, do everything you need to without removing the harness, and you can get the bulb out.

I guess I never noticed you could do that cause i usually take the plug off before the rubber boot

1 - 11 of 11 Posts