The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been discussed before, but I did a search and I think it was only discussed on the last board because I couldn't find anything.

My passenger side headlamp is filled with condensation. Now what I need to know is if there is a common place where the water usually comes in through that anyone knows of? Has anyone successfully plugged up a hole in their headlight? if so, where was it located? I have looked all over and cant find where it could be coming from.

Also, how the hell can I get rid of the condenation? It has been like this for over a week now. We have had some pretty heavy rain around here lately. Please tell me I don't have to take everything apart :(

tanx

·
Banned
0 Posts
i did the oven baking technique, and since then, my driver's side hadlight gets condensation. I think it might be the glue used to hold the lights together, there must be a crack in the glue somewhere to allow moisture in. Vtec, any ideas?

·
Girl-Moderator
1,395 Posts
I get the condensation in my driver's side. I've asked this before. Suggestions were to check the little sleeve where the bulb goes, other things like that. Everything looks fine on mine. My bf checked it out, but still gets it. Once you have the lights on for a while, it burns up the condensation. but it gets like that everytime it rains or we wash the car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
While on the subject can we get clearer aftermarket lenses (1st gen) if not does anyonw know how to keep these clean and condensation free?

·
Hiiiigh Rollin!
130 Posts
i have the same prob in my driver side i dunno how it gets like that but when it does i leave my lights on when i go somewhere and when its parked in the garage i leave a regular light bulb like a 60-75 watt bulb pointed at the housing really close over night and its usually gone in the morning -Jon

·
Banned
0 Posts
vegita said:
While on the subject can we get clearer aftermarket lenses (1st gen) if not does anyonw know how to keep these clean and condensation free?
Orlando told me of a place a while ago, not projectors or euros, but they do look a LITTLE different than stock.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Really, cool hmm I'll do a search again looking for an Orlando post. Hopefully I will find it.

Thanks man.

·
Registered
33 Posts
arghh wasn't able to find the post.

I went to change out my H4 main and 1157 corners lights to Hyperwhites but to my dismay I found that my 1157's were 194's or something other than the 1157's I had gotten. Could this be why the corners were never bright and does this mean that I have to buy a new wiring harness???

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
*Bluebird Atessa Ltd*
179 Posts
I A MONTHS TIME I WILL BE CONVERTING MY BLUEBIRD/ALTIMA HEADLIGHT TO A NISSAN MAXIMA 01 MODEL TYPE..WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK..OR AN OPEL VECTRA

1 - 9 of 9 Posts