The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
812-317
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what the difference is between the XE/GXE headlights and the SE/GLE headlights? They're listed separately, but I can't see much of a difference. And since I need to replace mine, since I have a GXE should I just get the SE/GLE ones instead?

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
The wiring will be different. The SE/GLE headlights use an 1157 bulb which fits into a 3-wire socket. When you hit the turn signal, that bulb goes brighter so you can see off to the side.

Your current headlight uses a 194 bulb and only has two wires. I'm sure there would be a way to do the conversion, but I've got an SE so I've never looked into it. :) At the very least, you'd need new harnesses for the corner lamps.

·
812-317
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actual light assembly... And that might be the most useless conversion ever :)

Hey guys! I converted my headlamps from one model to another!

Dork... :p

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
He has a 97.

You wouldn't be the first to do it. As far as the assembly itself, they should be the same. I'm pretty sure that when I got a replacement headlight off another member, it was an XE/GXE assembly. If you buy the SE/GLE headlights, you'll get SE/GLE wiring harnesses. Just get the right housings so you'll get new harnesses that are correct.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts