The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I just recently bought a 2008 Altima 2.5S and love it so far. It does have 96,000 miles on it though and shows some signs of wear. I can deal with most of it, and the neglect that the previous owner paid to the paint job can for the most part be taken care of with a good clay bar treatment and polish/wax. One of the headlights is pretty heavily oxidized, and I'm wondering if I should try to fix it, or is it possible to replace the plastic? If I did decide to replace it, where would I find something like that and how much would it cost me?

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
Absolutely. You can 'fix' them into like new condition with a Headlight Restoration kit...such as that by 3M and others. Should run you $10-20 for the kit which includes some very fine grit sandpapers...typically 2000,4000,6000 and a plastic polishing compound. Mask off adjacent paint work with some strips of masking tape, get a bucket full of clean water, some tunes and you'll be done both sides in an hour.

·
2010 2.5 SL
588 Posts
Mask off adjacent paint work with some strips of masking tape
Most important part. I was very careful when I restored the headlights on my last car and still managed to scuff up a lot of the paint around the headlight.

It isn't too hard to take the front off the car so you can get at them easier. Hell, it isn't a whole lot of extra work after that to take off the headlights entirely.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds good. It's actually only one of the headlights that needs to be restored surprisingly, so it should be pretty easy. I'm used to masking (have done a lot of plasti dip projects). Thanks guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts