The Nissan Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi I am new to using this forum so sorry if I seem like I don't know what I am doing.

I am looking to do a headlight upgrade on my Nissan truck and I am thinking about upgrading to LED's but I don't want to get something that I would not be satisfied with or would be more dangerous for other drivers and myself. I have also watched YouTube videos of getting an H4 Relay Wiring Harness Adapter and get new headlight housings and just use modern halogen bulbs that are replaceable. I don't mind doing that but I don't want to do the wiring and in the end it's just as expensive as a sealed beam headlight so I probably won't do that unless I can just get some LED bulbs and not have to worry about wiring the harness if that is possible. Also I have a question about the harness and using LED's. If I bought LED headlight bulbs to use in a headlight housing do I need to run that headlight harness even though it is LED? The main reason I would like to go with a seal beam type headlight is because most of them are usually plug and play (From what I know). As long as the housing is not black because in my opinion it looks tacky and cheap but that is just my opinion for what I am looking for. The headlights my truck use currently are known as 7"x6" 5"x7" square headlight. I have found these two types of headlights that I like the most and will probably buy. I like the look of the headlight housings and just buy LED bulbs to go with it and they look more like the original sealed beams I currently have but a little more modern. Also I can use whatever kind of bulb I want and maybe later on I could get a H4 headlight harness and just use better Halogens or maybe LED but I probably would much rather go with LED if I can. Another question about headlight housings. Is it okay to put LED bulbs in a reflector housing? Also what is the difference between H4 LED bulbs in a housing compared to a proper LED projector housing? Are the projector housings better then lets say putting LED bulbs in a headlight housing? I will list the two types of headlights I will most likely buy just to give an idea of what I'm looking for and would appreciate any help.

1.7X6 Crystal Clear Glass Lens Metal Headlight H4 Halogen Light Bulb Headlamp Pair | eBay ($60 for Pair of Headlight Housings)

2. AUXITO H4 9003 LED Headlight Bulb Fanless 9000 Lumens Adjustable Beam 6500k Xenon White High Low Beam HB2 Conversion Kit Pack of 2 ($40 Bulbs)

2. (2pcs/set) 110W 7x6 Chrome LED light Hi-Lo Beam Headlamps
(I don't like the way it looks but might be safer and around the same price right at $100)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: I got on EBay and bought 7x6 Headlight housings that look like the stock housings for ($40). Had a little issue mounting them because they used a slightly different mechanism than the stock housings so I got some clear double sided tape and put it around the back outer part of each housing and placed it into the mount part that holds the housing in place and you can't even tell there is tape holding them in place. I went with the Boslla Bullet B4 Series LED bulbs for ($40) (Because the bulbs I mentioned above were out of stock.)

I think I have had these headlights for about 3 months now? I must say they are 3x brighter than the stock headlights, definitely a great upgrade and worth the money! Will see how long the bulbs hold up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.