The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to get the orange reflectors out of your headlights,
and where to find the non orange bulbs that will fit an Altima 01'.

·
Registered
16 Posts
manny04 said:
Yea, check the FAQ. That topic already had its fame here, FAQ tells you exactly how to do it, nice inexpensive mod. Check my cardomain.com page! www.cardomain.com/memberpage/448173/14

-manny
WOW!!! I checked out your Domain site manny, and whoa!!! awesome pics and history on the life of your alty baby...I switched from one page to the next all excited about what I would see next.

Good job dude!!!

I wish you lived in Southern California, I'd pay you good $ to make my alty headlights look like that.

-Chris

·
Back with second verse!
198 Posts
thanx for the props bro'...its actually not a hard thing to do at all, its simplier than what it looks, thats what always hold me back from doing it, but when I decided to do em', turn out to be easier then what it looks...u got a 98' though right? its different headlights. unless, you got the conversion?

-manny

·
Registered
16 Posts
I crashed the '98 Alty a few days ago...all kinds of damaged including air bag deployment and headlight corruption...Repair dude was about to order '98 type headlights when I told him to order the 2001s. He was asking me all these questions about " fittage " :) " are you sure? " , is it that hard to install / convert '98 HLs to 2001s? Can the shop give that as an excuse to charge more than what the insurance will pay?

Thanks,
Chris

·
Back with second verse!
198 Posts
naw, that should not even matter, get cool with the dude and tell him to order you some 00-01. Fitment is exaclty the same, only thing is that 98-99 got 3 light cables and 00-01 got a fourth one which is b/s anyways.Theres people in this site with 98-99 that have actually done the conversion. Shouldn't be a problem, when I crashed my alty, i went in the shop and got everything str8 with the guy ordering all the parts for my car...

and after you get your car back make sure everything is good and if not keep reporting it to the insurance. when i got my car back my a/c went shit about 3 months later, and went back to the shop, all payed by the insurance.

-manny

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah, the adjuster said only one headlight is damaged and they will only pay for one and "if you want the other one it's going to have to come out of your own pocket. How the heck can I drive around with a sparkling brand new headlight and the other all used up and old looking? So regardless I still have to pay for at least one of the new headlights....

Also, they said they won't paint it or anything, they'll just "blend in the new bumper and hood, etc." and anything else will have to " come out of your own pocket "
Once again, I certainly don't want a shinny hood with the rest of the body looking like crap, that'll look pretty dumb, so I'll have to pay for the buffing or paint job too...
and..., the engine was vibrating when placed into gear...the shock of the crash probably caused the motor mounts to dislodge, brake, or something...but insurance will only pay for the labor and part cost of a single motor mount ( out of 4 ) that is closest to where the impact occurred...

I have no idea what buffing really does for a car? Is it almost as good as re-paint?

All these costs on top of the $500 deductible...

Aside from what the insurance will pay, is there anything else you think I should have done to the car...to take advantage that it's in the shop...the free car rental, etc.?

Thanks,
Chris

·
Back with second verse!
198 Posts
Well, his right on that, because my passenger side HL wasn't damaged, so my drivers side HL looks newer. dont get the other HL thru them though, you can most likely get it cheaper at a junk yard yourself.

thats bullshit from them, if the guy that paints the car knows what his doing, he can actually match or come close to the shine of the whole car, thats what the buffing is for. he'll just paint the new parts, and buff the whole car, so it all shines and looks the same, even though the new painted parts will always seem newer and thats cuz they are, you can still come as close so you cant tell that it was ever in an accident....in my accident the lower motor mount was also replaced, it was just one though that made the whole car shake like hell, and they also payed for that...other then that you str8... when you get your car back make sure everything is good during the first month...if not report it to the insurance as a fault that was not fixed from the accident and it will just go back to the shop with your insurance paying for it, counts as part of the accident.

you got any pics of the accident??

-manny

1 - 13 of 13 Posts