The Nissan Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I know there's a ton of threads on upgrading the low beams to either LED or HID. I feel like I am missing some of the basics and am hoping someone can help!

I, like a lot of people, find the stock low beams to be really inadequate in terms of brightness. I would love to be able to replace the bulbs with brighter ones. Also, I love the look of the white LED/HID beams that other cars have. Are there halogen bulbs that are brighter than the stock ones? Or do I need to convert to LED or HID.

Thanks!

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
Welcome Rookie, this question has been asked and answered a thousand times on this forum. Search a little and you will find lots.

And because I'm not a total wanker, here are some good search terms:

Silverstar
H9 conversion
LED lumen
HID conversion
retrofit
relay harness

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
If you're gonna upgrade, you might as well upgrade properly instead of halogens again.

·
Jason
87 Posts
I went LED myself recently from Silverstar Ultras. Install was all of 10 minutes and have been flawless thus far. Definitely exceeded my expectations.

http://www.putco.com/products.cfm?a...Category=2d6754bd-9be8-c408-ae66-fd8037d1078d

^ Is the kit I am using now. You can find them on Amazon or CarID for around 150-170ish. They look amazing and the visibility is incredible at night with the projectors. Pictures can be found in my garage and in my LED blinker thread. Hope it helps, any question just ask.

Cheers, Jason.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went LED myself recently from Silverstar Ultras. Install was all of 10 minutes and have been flawless thus far. Definitely exceeded my expectations.

http://www.putco.com/products.cfm?a...Category=2d6754bd-9be8-c408-ae66-fd8037d1078d

^ Is the kit I am using now. You can find them on Amazon or CarID for around 150-170ish. They look amazing and the visibility is incredible at night with the projectors. Pictures can be found in my garage and in my LED blinker thread. Hope it helps, any question just ask.

Cheers, Jason.
These would be H11s right? Looks like $100 on Amazon? Also, installation basically consists of turning the wheels taking down the panel and replacing the bulbs? Had read about LEDs overheating - any concern for that?

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Altima 2.5 Base & 2001 Nissan R50 Pathfinder SE 3.5 4X4 MT
369 Posts
Okay. So maybe the Morimoto HIDs?

Yes i have one of there kits, 6500k 35 watt and there nice and bright. Plus you dont have to worry about hurting your stock projectors.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sorry for the late reply...email notifications doesn't seem to be working.
The photos below look somewhat blue, but after driving around, it doesn't seem to be really that blue.
But if I did it over again, I'd probly get 5000k for whiter output.
Really frustrated that these cheap headlamps don't have right/left adjustment, only up/down. I found my lamps to be pointed down too much, especially the right one. I aimed the right one higher but the left is not as high so as not to blind on-coming drivers.
The light on the garage door is pre-adjustment.
I'm happy with the amount of light they throw.
Securing - started on left side, drilled a hole in the middle of the fender brace, done. Right side, I found a bolt between the lower resonator and the bumper cover and I un-bolted and attached the module to. It was kind of a pita to get my hand and a wrench in there, with the tire turned left and the fender liner opened up. I also used 3m double sided padded/thick tape on the back and front side of the bracket for vibration dampening to help the life of the ballast.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts