The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to change the bulbs on the headlights one went out today and i need to fix it should i take it to the dealership or is it a do it yourself job.

·
*Really New Member*
1,095 Posts
its easy,,,just take out ur coolant container for the passenger side or remove ur airbox for the driverside...you should be able to get it out

·
Registered
432 Posts
Don't touch the glass. If you do you need to wipe it down with alcohol.

·
Hazardously WASTED
3,969 Posts
its not that hear just a pain in the ass. on drivers side you might need to take ou tthe airbox, this side was the easiest to do. passenger was hard cause its a tight sopt, well atleast for my big hands. but that little metal clip that holds it in place is a bitch to fumble with

·
hello
3,517 Posts
Yea that damn metal clip is such a bitch to snap back in! you cant see where you hand is in that tight space. Its not hard, but not easy.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
try using some tape to keep it out of the way then release the tape. Unfortunately in order to get the clip to engage you have to push down and towards the outside of the car at the same time. Remember to get the dust covers on tightly or you will get condensation

·
Hazardously WASTED
3,969 Posts
pcsgrp35se said:
try using some tape to keep it out of the way then release the tape. Unfortunately in order to get the clip to engage you have to push down and towards the outside of the car at the same time. Remember to get the dust covers on tightly or you will get condensation
yes that prob would have helped, but also have to play around with it and the wires so it closes right, a littel trick with the dust cover, take a little vasaliene (spell) and jsut lightly coat the o ting and the plastic nubs, it will help its close better and also help seal it up, plus keeps those rubber o rings from drying up

·
aim: Nism025
1,680 Posts
yeah it's too small to gain easy accessibility to it, i just take off my bumper each time, i have it down to a science, takes me 10 minutes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts