The Nissan Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
te mete una chinga
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read about a HUD on gle trim. Its discribed to be a reflection of your gagues on the windshield. I dont have it on mines. Does anybody have one?

·
Ex 1st gen owner
1,298 Posts
gotta argue

I worked on a 94 gle So I am quite sure they made them in 94, actually I think there is even 1 on ebay that says 94 gle w/heads up and all that, and its not all your gauges It is speed and one other thing but I cannot remember, I drove one before for a second it was one I worked on at the stereo shop. Ok well thats my 2 cents

·
from way way back
1,463 Posts
Re: Re: gotta argue

im 90% sure it was only a 93 GLE option, after that it was deemed to expensive, then in 95 they decided the dash clock, the chrome trim, and the "oh shit" bars had to go. sucks. i researched getting HUD on my car...to costly to add, unless you need a new dash and windsheild...then, it prolly wouldnt be that much more.

·
Ex 1st gen owner
1,298 Posts
Re: Re: Re: gotta argue

CJB_316 said:
im 90% sure it was only a 93 GLE option, after that it was deemed to expensive, then in 95 they decided the dash clock, the chrome trim, and the "oh shit" bars had to go. sucks. i researched getting HUD on my car...to costly to add, unless you need a new dash and windsheild...then, it prolly wouldnt be that much more.

New windshield is not necessary, it can be done with a small piece of window tint directly above the HUD

·
ka24eT....upgrade soon
221 Posts
They made it in 94 because it is on my 94 GLE. IT has you speed, and it has annoying checks that come up when certain fludis are low and when your seat belt isn't on.

·
te mete una chinga
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Damn, and I thought I had all the goodies. I learn something new every day. Thanks for the input fellas.

Hey, isnt the stock crushed leather dope or what? I was very impressed with nissans leather interior on the gle. It turned me away from buying a honda accord.

G

·
Hey man I got the HUD too....mine is a 93 GT-R. it is pretty useful....at night i like to dim all the interior lights to black, turn on my pulsating red neon light, and it's like i'm whippin a spaceship. they did get rid of a lot of the GLE goodies like the HUD, chrome trim. they lost the "active speakers" and the 2 crappy amps that came with mine. also, the fresh air switch i think might have gone too....a switch to the left of the center air vents in the fake(and always fake) wood trim.

·
Ex 1st gen owner
1,298 Posts
INHONOROFWTC said:
Hey man I got the HUD too....mine is a 93 GT-R. it is pretty useful....at night i like to dim all the interior lights to black, turn on my pulsating red neon light, and it's like i'm whippin a spaceship. they did get rid of a lot of the GLE goodies like the HUD, chrome trim. they lost the "active speakers" and the 2 crappy amps that came with mine. also, the fresh air switch i think might have gone too....a switch to the left of the center air vents in the fake(and always fake) wood trim.
Give it up, you know I still want one, and I will own one dammat man

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.