The Nissan Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there, new around the boards I have done some searching around and couldn't find anything on google or the boards here with my issue.

Bought an 07 altima last week and the previous owner said they had the dealer switch over the radio relay because the heat was not working in the winter and it band aided the problem because now my radio won't turn on until the vehicle is fully warmed up.

I have tried to make sense of the electrical box diagrams but I can't seem to figure out which relay they would have switched over.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
I doubt it was a relay, more likely they meant fuse?

Check to make sure your 'shipping fuse' is properly pushed in (they work themselves out over time) that may be part/all of the problem.

Beyond that, really need to understand what you mean by won't turn on. Do you get any power at all to the HU when cold? How about illumination? How do you know when you can turn it on?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I doubt it was a relay, more likely they meant fuse?

Check to make sure your 'shipping fuse' is properly pushed in (they work themselves out over time) that may be part/all of the problem.

Beyond that, really need to understand what you mean by won't turn on. Do you get any power at all to the HU when cold? How about illumination? How do you know when you can turn it on?
It's possible it was a fuse, however everything on the dash lights up the deck area as well lights up and all the functions work other than the radio. For example if I leave the car over night and hop in and start the car the radio will not turn on until the temp gauge reaches in the middle of cold and hot the radio will turn on by itself. Once I've been riding around I can start the vehicle and the radio turns on immediately.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
So what that tells me is you have a thermal expansion/connection issue with the main power to the radio. This power line is fused and you should investigate the fuse and panel, the wiring loom behind the radio for possible intermittent connection situations.

I still have this funny feeling about the shipping fuse, but, if you are telling me it's 100% OK, then it's really about following the radio power wire back to the fuse.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So what that tells me is you have a thermal expansion/connection issue with the main power to the radio. This power line is fused and you should investigate the fuse and panel, the wiring loom behind the radio for possible intermittent connection situations.

I still have this funny feeling about the shipping fuse, but, if you are telling me it's 100% OK, then it's really about following the radio power wire back to the fuse.
Well when I had bought it from them they said the radio worked perfect but the heat did not, so the dealer either switched a fuse or a power relay their words and after that the heat works but the radio seems to be on a delay. I'll investigate the shipping fuse but if that's not the case I'll look into the second one.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for the double post but I just wanted to say I solved my issue, I'm not sure what it was but I pulled the driver side fuse block and removed each relay and reseated them and pulled all fuses associated to the front center panel and reseated them as well. Now my radio turns on right away with no delay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts