The Nissan Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately, i've noticed this little rattle when im accelerating and sometimes when im idling. It sounds like metal rattling. Someone said i should check my heat shields, but how do i get to those?

·
Illest in Nebraska
892 Posts
it's the big ugly aluminum thing the is belor your and kinda infront of yout valve cover, it's over the stock header

·
Resident Boost Junkie
716 Posts
Good, i thought i wuz tha only person wit that prob, it makes tha car sound like its gonna fall apart, how do i take that damn thing off, it pisses off, when im drivin , exspecially when i first start up my car.

·
Banned
0 Posts
like i said, look around the cat. Its a big piece of metal. Just pull and twist unti lit comes off......its probably loose already since it is rattling, so it shouldn't be hard to get off.

·
Pos Performance Pres.
20 Posts
heres what you do

yo anyone with rattling heat shields go along your exhuast pipe and just test to see if your heat shields are loose any loose ones will rattle so just cut them off with metal cutters then the rattling will stop ive done it ur car sounds a lot better

·
Registered
279 Posts
that happened to me. I heard that nasty loud rattle for like 2 months before i finally figured out what it was. I cut it off and the noise stopped. i thought i was going to kill myself listening to that noise all the time. good im glad i am not the only one it happened to
cut that shit off

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
1,507 Posts
I think I am having the same problem, only my heat shield ABOVE my cat is busted...one of the nuts holding it on rusted off. I don't know if it is safe to remove this one? Is there any other way I can secure the corner? Also, the noise isn't a rattle, its more like a screech when I am accelerating really fast at above 3000rpm, any idea what this is?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Heat Shield

I recently ripped off my heat shield on my cat. But the heat shield also covers the shift linkage from the manual shifter to the gear box. Now it feels like the shifter is real stiff all the time and its hard as to shift my car. Now I have to grease the shifter once a week or so. Has anyone else had that problem?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts