The Nissan Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
Maybe my question belongs to General Discussion, but it is still Altima 2002 related. I just picked up my 3.5 SE standard, basic canadian model. For me it seems to be a very good car, especially considering the fact that all cars I drove before were cheap GM crap. I am generally happy. But I couldn't find anything about the heated mirrors, which, I am sure, any canadian altima, even the basic 2.5s, is supposed to have, according to the specifications. Nothing in the manual, no any spare button... So, how does it look like? Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No it doesn't have any button in this place. Also I checked Nissan Canada website, and only 2.5SL and 3.5se have heated mirrors but in the specification list I got from the dealership even 2.5S had:confused:

·
Registered
460 Posts
shilishper said:
No it doesn't have any button in this place. Also I checked Nissan Canada website, and only 2.5SL and 3.5se have heated mirrors but in the specification list I got from the dealership even 2.5S had:confused:
I test droved the 3.5SE and I kind of remeber that the button is next to or under the mirror adjust joystick.

If not then it's in the bunch of switches on the left hand side of the steering column.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, at least I know now where to look for it. There is no button in this place, only knockout. Do you have leather package? Sorry it is not clear from the picture. If yes, then I would like to hear from a canadian who has 3.5SE without leather, or test drove one. TIA

·
Registered
7 Posts
3.5 SE (Leather Package)

My heated mirrors are activated when I turn on the rear defroster switch.

·
Registered
460 Posts
shilishper said:
Thanks, at least I know now where to look for it. There is no button in this place, only knockout. Do you have leather package? Sorry it is not clear from the picture. If yes, then I would like to hear from a canadian who has 3.5SE without leather, or test drove one. TIA
I havn't bought mine yet but if all goes according to plan, I'll have a SE in my driveway as early as May 02.

The snapshot is done with the 360 degree interior view of the Altima on www.nissandriven.com. So quality is a bit bad.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: 3.5 SE (Leather Package)

snowcrabs72 said:
My heated mirrors are activated when I turn on the rear defroster switch.
Yes, that's it. They do warm up:D Thank you. They could mention this in the manual. But why some have a separate button? US/Canada difference?
Another question about another winter (it's coming up!) acessory - block heater. I couldn't find it too...

·
Registered
7 Posts
So it comes on when you turn on the rear defroster...

I was eye balling this thread at work and looked everywhere for a button or switch in the car I thought that I had missed... then I looked at every page in the Manual and there is absolutely no mention of the heater mirrors in the book...

I have the SE with Heated Black Leather...

Whew... panic is over... this is why I love this board... I don't think there is one thing we can throw up that someone doesn't have an answer to...

I would like to know why Xtrema has a button and the rest of us don't... is there some difference between the US and Canada models?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Now I'm :confused:. That picture is straight from Nissan web site and I did remember seeing it when I tested a 3.5SE with everything (auto, sunroof, leather, auto climate, and CW package).

Oh well, I take your guy's word for it.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Now I'm :confused:. That picture is straight from Nissan web site and I did remember seeing it when I tested a 3.5SE with everything (auto, sunroof, leather, auto climate, and CW package).

Oh well, I take you guys' word for it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts