The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i already searched this, found zilch, anyways, i knwo the 2nd gens dotn come with heated mirrors, but is there a way we can make them to be heated mirrors. might sound like a noob question but just want to know.

·
14,455 Posts
Yeah, i looked into this awhile ago. Other than retrofitting another cars mirrors that do come with heated mirrors, there's not much you can do. I wish they sold kits so that you can stick the "heated lines" on whatever ya wanted and have pos/neg wires. Ugh, that would be awesome

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
This idea is coming off the top of my head but I'm guessing one way you can do heated mirrors is to buy a aftermarket window defrosting kit. Just like the factory rear window defroster, lay the wires/lines over your mirror, get power, and hook it up to a switch. I think it's possible but then installing it cleanly is another issue.

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
Holy!!! 6 hours!!!

http://www.jcwhitney.com/productnoitem.jhtml?CATID=65629&BQ=jcw2

Ensures a clear view for safe winter driving. Self-adhesive heat strips adhere to window. Heat is instantly conducted through strips to keep window free of mist and frost. No plastic backing to yellow, crack or block view. Copper-colored heat element strips fit windows up to 60"W and can be cut for factory installed look. Includes metal terminals, fuse/fuse holder, cable, lighted rocker switch, bracket and instructions. Note: Installation requires familiarity with 12-volt electrical systems. Estimated installation time: 6 hours.

·
godspeed you!
430 Posts
a portable blow dryer with a 12v adapter...

·
OG
4,071 Posts
why do u really need it? ... not like u can really show it off
i found if you throw your heat on the windshield the mirrors also de-ice ... but thats first gen

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
ChickenWing said:
i found if you throw your heat on the windshield the mirrors also de-ice ... but thats first gen
During this winter there have been plenty of times I wished I had heated mirrors. Even when I spray de-icer on as a preventive measure, the mirrors would still ice up.

·
SUCK MY HAIRLESS GONADS!
3,292 Posts
ChickenWing said:
i don't quite see how that would work. considering that defroster melts from the inside out and the mirrors not that close to the front windshield. please explain. i personally like the idea of heated mirrors. i don't believe he's doing it for show. more for function purposes rather than to say hey watch the ice melt off my mirrors.

·
OG
4,071 Posts
i cant quite explain to you why this happens on my car ... it just does(after about 15 minutes of hot hot air at 4setting blowing on the windshield)
the thing is i know my car was customized when i was changing to my alpine, the whole metal support for radio/tray was re-welded
and i have a wire that i can't quite pinpoint on the manual(yellow with a green mark) that only shows 12v when i turn to the 4th setting on the blower(and is completely dead in anyother position):dunno:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts