The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you get the heated side mirrors working? Can't find the instructions in the manual.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Make sure that your car is equpied with them first... your car must have the cold weather package... includes heated seats. If you have heated seats then you have heated mirrors.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Heated mirrors

Now what they need is auto mirror washers to clean the grime baked on by the mirrors by the heat :rolleyes:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I got the Cold Package with the heated seats. How do I know if they're working when I turn the rear defogger on? Will I see defrosting lines appear on the mirrors like the back window??

·
Registered
75 Posts
really the only way you will know they are working is if the de-fog or if it's really cold you can see steam rising off of them... it's kinda cool. Otherwise you really won't know for a fact that they're working.

·
Snow White 3.5 SE
580 Posts
well..the side mirrors don't really fog up tho...so i guess one of the ways you could find out is to put some snow on your side mirror and see if it melts... :D

·
Shift_???
136 Posts
Yeah, they should work, but they take forever to heat up from what I could see today..!! got lots of snow last night, and I don't think that you'll see the snow melt if you stay there and STARE AT IT..!! heheh, but yes they do work...only if the rear defroster is ON.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Mine took a long time to get rid of the snow and it turned out that they put the incorrect mirror on the driver side when they built the car. The correct mirrors on my car heat up quickly and it is very noticable at -25deg.

·
Sarcastic Member
3,548 Posts
I actually saw mine work for the first time. They were a little foggy a few days after the snow.o I turned my rear defroster on and in like 5 minutes I looked at my outside mirrors and the centers were clear and around the edges of the mirrors were still a little foggy. Yay :dunno:

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
"How do I know if they're working when I turn the rear defogger on?"

Turn on the defogger and let it sit for 5 minutes. Touch the mirror and see if its hot. My wife's old 96 Taurus mirrors got hot enough to be on the uncomfortable to touch side of warm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts