The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A letter i wrote to heavy throttle in ny, please dont email them to death guys.

Hi,
I'm in NY and I was reading a section on your site that mentioned a bluebird FWD swap in to a Altima, i'm sure you've been asked this a million times, but i would just like to know what it would take/ cost for parts and labor. Have you ever attempted it, because if you have your location is very convinient thank you.

-------------------------

It will cost about $5K to do the swap.
Thanks

Thanks for responding.
Is that a firm price?
Have you guys done it before or would i be the first?
Can you tell me what parts are needed?
And about how long it would take. thank you.

--------------------------

The price i gave you is a ball-park number. The swap take about 3 weeks if
all the needed parts are here.
We are not scheduling swaps at the moment.
You will need a NA BB tranny, intercooler, downpipe, fuel pump, etc..

Welp, just thought i would share the info with you guys, i hope i dont get bashed for this heh.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Don't do the bluebird, the GTiR is much stronger. Better internals, better tuning capabilities, and a better turbo. they also have quad throttle bodies too.

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
^ you also have more costs due to welding the rear diff closed, tranny mounts, blah blah blah... but to get back on topic, an estimate is just that, an estimate. I dont trust em, and I dont deny them. generally (speaking from tons of mechaincal experience on many cars), estimates like swaps are underestimated. unless they are a swap that has been done to death, a realistic estimate can be achieved, not so in our case. this swap will be more than 5k, I am sure of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts