The Nissan Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my son a 2009 Altima coupe. I purchased an after market spoiler with the LED break lights. I don't see any pre-wiring for it, so I presume that happened sometime after the 2009 model year. I have the trunk liner down, but all the wires are covered in black electrical tape. Does anybody know where I can tap into the break light wires? The after marker spoiler doesn't have any plugs attached, just the wires.

Thanks, Jack

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
My '09 sedan has this wiring in place., so it is most likely there in your son's coupe. Follow the taped harness up the driver side trunk hinge/arm. Under the middle of the trunk, between the metal support and metal skin, you will find a brown plastic connector taped back to the harness but not connected to anything...this is the spoiler plug, just cut off the plug and splice your aftermarket wiring in. The rest of the harness continues on to feed the license plate lights.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE: Altima 2009 spoiler install with LED brake light.

Thank you for the quick response D0ugmac1. I got the wing on and LED working after two trips to the hardware store (for different sized lag bolts) and about 8 hours later I was done. Plus two shots of Crown and a margarita before drilling holes into the trunk. Since we bought it used and it was previously kept outside for 6 years, I clayed the car and had it looking like showroom. But, it all worked out. I found the right wires, spliced into them, and we're good to go. After doing the first one I could do another in about an hour and a half if I had to.

Thanks again for your advice - Jack

1 - 3 of 3 Posts