The Nissan Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone.

Thank you, moderators, for allowing me to join. I have read all the rules, and have no problem complying.

I greatly appreciate everyone being here to help each other.

Best wishes to all,

Elliot

·
Super Moderator
795 Posts
Welcome to NissanClub! We have several very knowledgeable members here on the forum who can help you with possible problems or just questions in general. Enjoy your stay.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,thanks for the welcome.
I hope someone can answer the question about what size flex pipe replacement I need for 2009 Nissan Altima. 2" or 2.5" I can get a nice deal on one,clamps included, on eBay.

Thanks again,

Elliot

·
Super Moderator
795 Posts
I've looked through several parts houses that stock the front exhaust pipe for your model and there's no spec on the inside diameter. You can always buy the one from Ebay and match up your old one with the new one. I would venture to say that they'll be both the same. If not, it's easy enough to return the new one back to Ebay. We deal with Ebay all the time and their return policy is good.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello, rogoman.
Forgive me if i sound ignorant, because I am, about cars in general. I watched a video of a mechanic replacing a flex pipe, and he measured the outer, not the inner diameter of the old flex pipe, using a calipers. That is how he knew which size pipe to use—2” or 2.5 inch.

·
Super Moderator
795 Posts
Should I weld, instead?
I think you're creating "a mountain out of a mole hill". Here are two OEM comparable exhaust pipes which are bolt-on; no welding required. You need to specify if the engine is a 2.5 L I4 or a 3.5 L V6;

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think you're creating "a mountain out of a mole hill". Here are two OEM comparable exhaust pipes which are bolt-on; no welding required. You need to specify if the engine is a 2.5 L I4 or a 3.5 L V6;

Thank you!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts