The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I recently bought a 05 Altima 2.5l s and it was melting coils. Fix that with a new ground cable and added a ground from battery straight to the head. Compression checked out...getting spark and fuel but still getting a misfire cylinder 1. I'm guessing I'm not the only one with this problem any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
130 Posts
New coils?
Did you try swapping coil 1 and coil 2?
You need to confirm if it is firing the coil.
If it is not at all then it may be a ecm issue. The driver in the ecm could be bad.
If it is firing then I would look at fuel injector. But likely it is a spark issue

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I've tried swapping coils same thing. I have it scheduled for a ecm replacement with local Nissan dealership just wanting to make sure I'm not over looking anything.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
5,637 Posts
Can also be dirty or leaking injector. Did you check compression when engine hot or cold, as it could be a 'hot head' leak that doesn't show when cold.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE!!! Took it to dealership today installed and programmed and did a software update to a ecm I bought on Ebay. All together cost 230.00 not bad for a part that cost 1200.00 new. Car running much better #1 cylinder came back to life. Now getting code p0113 though. Anyway moral of story make sure your grounds are sound. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts