The Nissan Club banner

HELP!!!!!!05 cylinder 1 misfiring

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  soapmyster 
#1 ·
Hello I recently bought a 05 Altima 2.5l s and it was melting coils. Fix that with a new ground cable and added a ground from battery straight to the head. Compression checked out...getting spark and fuel but still getting a misfire cylinder 1. I'm guessing I'm not the only one with this problem any help would be appreciated. Thanks

#2 ·
New coils?
Did you try swapping coil 1 and coil 2?
You need to confirm if it is firing the coil.
If it is not at all then it may be a ecm issue. The driver in the ecm could be bad.
If it is firing then I would look at fuel injector. But likely it is a spark issue

#4 ·
Can also be dirty or leaking injector. Did you check compression when engine hot or cold, as it could be a 'hot head' leak that doesn't show when cold.

#6 ·
UPDATE!!! Took it to dealership today installed and programmed and did a software update to a ecm I bought on Ebay. All together cost 230.00 not bad for a part that cost 1200.00 new. Car running much better #1 cylinder came back to life. Now getting code p0113 though. Anyway moral of story make sure your grounds are sound. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.