The Nissan Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

We moved closer to the county to get away from crime and our car gets shot 3 times. Turns out the car was safer at the worse neighborhood.

The one went in the back window, found it in the speaker.

2 went in the trunk, found one in the passenger seat back part flap where you keep maps, one vanished.

The AC stopped blowing cold.

Checked the fuses, relays all fine. Checked r134a, it was fine. Even put in a new compressor $300 + labor. Still blows hot.

Replaced the Heat/Cool knobs, still blows hot.

Today had a guy check the pressure using the 3 guage set, he said all looked fine. He touched an aluminum line said it was cold like should be.

can hear a slight clicking from behind the dash area.

A guy told me maybe the Blend Door Actuator. I can't find good info on that part for the 2011 altima.

Any insights?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
The bullet that vanished, we found a small 1mm round dent on the dash between the glove box and the radio area.

Took out the radio, there is a hard plastic wall behind the radio. On the bottom right of that area is a hole the size of a 50 cent piece. You reach your finger inside that hole and you can feel a smaller bullet sized hole.

When shining a light, you see nothing come through the firewall. when you stick a 6" flat head in that hole, it hits nothing.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
Anyone else feel like this is the twilight thread?

On a more useful vein...the FSMs have debug procedures you could follow to narrow the faults down more rigorously...though I have to admit the magic bullet does add a wildcard element... See my .sig for the FSMs

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone else feel like this is the twilight thread?

On a more useful vein...the FSMs have debug procedures you could follow to narrow the faults down more rigorously...though I have to admit the magic bullet does add a wildcard element... See my .sig for the FSMs
That is very cool to have, now i need one of those for my ford taurus.

I have the haynes, and Alldata. But never even knew about these.

It led me to this
http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Altima/2011 altima/HAC.pdf

and the only thing that I have not tested yet is the CHECK AIR MIX DOOR MOTOR OPERATION..

And I think that is what is being referred to as the blend door.

I found this

#277308J100: Actuator. HVAC Air Inlet Door Actuator.

So tomorrow am, I will pull out the glove box and remove that part if it is right there where I think it is and maybe find this last bullet.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
Let us know! Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Took the glove box out, easy as can be.

To the left is the part, but it is kinda hidden behind a vent.

2 screws and the plug are easy. The 3rd screw was hidden behind the vent and had no room. I took a phillips bit stuck it in the screw with my hand and cranked it with a wrench.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Let us know! Good luck.

On the new one, when I go to put it back on - is there a correct way to have the heater/cool knob?

This thing has a white thing coming out the back and it does not move by hand. Im just worried its set different than the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts