The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Heat/AC blower motor on my 93 Alti stopped.
Here is what I've done so far:
Checked fuses. OK
Pulled instrument cluster and checked continuity of the switch. OK
Pulled blower motor and connected straight to battery. Motor OK
Ohmed the Motor Blower Resistor. OK
Checked continuity of the ground thru the switch to the motor. OK
Connected battery straight to motor and used switch controls, motor ran fine at all 4 speeds.

With connector connected to motor I do not get any voltage.
Is there a relay or something that is not in the Haynes Manual?

Any help would be appreciated. Don't know what else to check.

Thanks
Spock

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nobody has any suggestions.
Did I mention mt car interior is tore apart and I still have no heat,

Help

Spock

·
c'old man winter
1,091 Posts
Hey, just yesterday, on my 1995 altima gxe , i turned on my heat and had only speed 4, not 1 2 3.... but EVERYTHING else bout the heating and cooling 'system' is working. so only speed 1 2 3 do nothing, once u get 4, u GET 4! that's terrible for the equipment to have to go off then 4! and bad for electrical and gas mileage my light dims for a sec when the heat is needed.... i get 17 mpg anyway so why i should care(and i drive normal)... because i dont want 16 mpg! my car is in good shape. ANYWAY, is this what happened to you>?
-Brian

PS : ) altimas can be weird

·
c'old man winter
1,091 Posts
suggestions? i dont know..... but i do know i posted apparently right after u asked for em. it sounds like u did everything. but maybe u can tell me what u already typed in the 'search' and then we can come up with a good strategy together.
-Pass

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brian, from what I've read if you only have the fourth speed then more than likely it's the blower motor resistor. About 30 bucks from the dealer and around 5 min install.

·
c'old man winter
1,091 Posts
unfortunately, i know the thread u spak of talking about the resistor, the explanation sucks. could u really replace it with the help they provided in that post in 2001?? I cant!

: )
-Pass

·
Slow & Low
756 Posts
Its the fan controll resistor.... Just go to the dealer and ask for one its around forty bucks. It controlls the fan speed and if it goes bad can potentially stop the fan from blowing period. It usually begins to go bad and you'll notice certain settings don't work, for me 1 stopped working. If you look under your passenger side dash close to the fire wall, you'll see a black rectangle held on by one screw... Unscrew it and pull it out and it looks like white credit card. Then just slide the new one in.... that simple. But if you buy the resistor first you'll know what to look for.

·
S for Skeet Skeet
4,376 Posts
spock, honestly, you've done pretty much everything many would suggest and maybe then some :) my guess is if you get nothing when its connected to the connector, there is a short somewhere or something isnt grounded that is my only guess, good luck with it, i was lucky enough to only have the blower motor resistor fail

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
An update on the blower motor.

It seems the previous owner had had a problem with a connector on the fuse block, the one for the ing. on relay.

After pulling the fuse block out there where several questionable connections in that circuit.

After redoing those connestions everything seems to be OK.

All 4 fan speeds gain.

I will be looking for a new connector in the near future as the one I repaired may not last.

Thanks to all those who responded.

Spock

·
c'old man winter
1,091 Posts
major problem iwth the one by one thing//.// onnight alll of the sudden 1, 2 didnt work.... next morning 123 didnt work. how can a resistor go out like that. that's kindof weird for a potentiometer if u ask me..??
-Pass

1 - 13 of 13 Posts