The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Dreamer
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok I installed my amp, everything is hooked up. There is this annoying buzzing when the car is on. The more gas i give it, the more buzzing i get from the speakers. Note, this only happens when the car is on. Everything is fine when the car is off. I put the ground to one of the big seat belt bolts under the rear seat. I think my ground if fine since I tried to ground on 3 different positions and the buzzing is still there. The speaker wires are on the right and the power/remote turn on cables are on the left. Theres only one place where the power/remote cable and the Left front speaker wire crosses (cause i need to run a speaker wire from the right side to the left speaker, and the power cable is right near there). Maybe noise from the power cable? For the power cable, I just soldier the in-line fuse holder on to the power cable, is that ok? I DONNO WHERE THE NOISE IS COMING FROM!!!! ITS DRIVING ME NUTS!!! HELP!!!!

Oh BTW its an Alpine MRV-250 amp (250 watt 4 channel amp) running pioneer components up front, and infinity references in the rear. I use a 10 gauge power and ground cable (Monster amp install kit) . Also have 16 gauge monster speaker wires.

HELP!!!!

·
Banned
0 Posts
I forget what they are called, but you can get a noise filter that will eliminate the alternator noise you are getting from Radio Shack. You ran all your cables right, so it must be something else.

·
ItalianStallion
344 Posts
i think its a ground loop that is caused by a different resistance in the metal of where your h/u is grounded and where your amp is grounded. i had the same thing...i put a noise filter on the h/u and a ground loop isolator on my rca's... they both helped but it is still a little bit there(if my volume is at any kind of listining level you can hear it but like inbetween tracks where there is silence you can hear a little.

·
Dreamer
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can't I just move the ground from the HU to the ground for the amp? Then the metal contact will be the same....right? where is the HU's factory ground at?

Oh and one more thing, when I disconnect the RCA cables from the HU to the amp, the buzzing goes away. This means that its coming from the HU right? Thanks

·
Dreamer
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thx guys, I got the Ground Loop Isolator from radioshack. There is one problem though....the Ground Loop Isolators have male to male connecters! Not male to female connecters! What should I do now?

·
Registered
3 Posts
guys.. why do you need to use all those "fix a problem products"

FIX THE PROBLEM.. run a wire that is grounded to the chasis of the head unit back to the amp and ground it at the same place the amp is.. that should fix your problem.. dont screw with these "isolator crap products" they are just halfass fixing something cant can be fixed much easier

·
Got Salt?
105 Posts
when you connect your ground, make sure you are on bare metal, not painted. and if you have to run your power cable and RCA's down opposite sides of the car

·
Dreamer
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, I fixed the problem.....its so f**king simple. I turned down the output from my Line out convertor and the buzzing when away. Shit man, I spent a whole day regrounding the HU/Amp, double checking the wires, and basically took apart my car a second time for nothing :rolleyes: Oh well at least everything is cool now :D Thanks guys.

·
Got Salt?
105 Posts
I hate when I bust my ass trying to fix a problem and it turns out to be some stupid little thing, then you feel like an idiot

·
you tawkin to me?
140 Posts
i got the same problam, instead of running ground from hu to trunk area, can i ground it somewere near thte hu?? isnt ground supposed to be no more then a foot long?

·
the newb
885 Posts
nice bump. anyways, you're supposed to just run the RCAs on one side and the power wire on the other side of the car.... 3 year, 2month bump way to be seth.

·
Glowin' Authority
93 Posts
That could be another problem all together, the Power wire is to close to the speaker wire...this could and would cause a hiss from the speakers, but the ground loop isolater is the way to go... regarding car noise... to much work to move a ground anyhow, plus more wireing you have to worry about/hide

·
Registered
246 Posts
Damn!! Talk about resurrection.

·
Glowin' Authority
93 Posts
HA i just read the date on the original Post...WOW 01 baby

1 - 16 of 16 Posts