The Nissan Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 se r spec v manual transmssion

At first it drives well but once I drive for about 20 minutes the car loses power or acceleration. While driving I place it in neutral, shut it off, turn it back on and the car drives normal again like at first. This happens all the time. Any ideas what it may be????

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
Sounds a little bit like my alternator experience...was overcharging the battery causing the ECU to go into failsafe mode (stops responding to accelerator pedal input). Once you cause a battery drain...such as starting your engine, or in my case turning on every available major electrical option (rear defog, AC blower max, headlights etc.) drains enough power from battery that the voltage drops to a safe level again. Read more in the Alternator thread in my .sig below.

Could also be related to the cam position sensors or even a bad engine ground, work through each to exclude. The alternator is relatively simple to test (see thread).

All of the above are typical Altima failures, but you have the QR and same tranny as an Altima, so I figure it's relevant.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts