The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
NISSANCLUB.COM
6,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Herro, I am a noob. :)

I want a SINGLE 12" or 15" Sub, in a ?sealed box? (I had that bandpass thing and ported and it was horrible). I am going to need the amp and installation crap. I have a preamplified cd head unit 45x4. What should I get, I don't want to spend alot.

I don't listen to rap, I need the sub to pick up rock well.

What should I get and what's the price? I think im gonna order from our sponsor at www.stereofx.com...

Thanks!

·
Lite Brite Disposal Tech
1,724 Posts
This is what I came up with.....they don't exactly have a wide selection, but this should rock none the less.

Qty Remove Item Options Price
Kicker KX300.2 $183.00
MB Quart RWC 304 $79.00
Shipping, tax, and handling costs will be calculated upon checkout. Amount $262.00

You can add the install kit and box (~1.0cf) of your choice

How loud do you listen to your music? I personally would invest in a nice set of components and a decent amp to power them, and then maybe a 10in sealed sub. All depends on how much money your willing to part with though.

·
2,446 Posts
How much is too much? If you're willing to spend $250 for a sub, then I would recommend the Stereo Integrity Magnum D12. I've heard some pretty impressive things about this sub, it's amazing SQ, and made for small enclosures, so you might like this a lot.

Here's a review done over at si.net

http://momentum.soundillusions.net/january03/spl.html

·
I <3 Sanjaya
1,824 Posts
stupid newb's asking dumb questions like this should be banned :) i'm trying to get rid of some stereo stuff...2 diamond audio cm3 12's, and a phoenix gold 500.2 ampflier...amp was 500 bucks...subs were 180 a piece. sellin for cheap...right around 350 for everything.

·
RacingLine Guy
5,846 Posts
then how about :

amp-Kicker KX200.2 $161.00
sub-Kicker Comp 01C124 12" $52.00
install kit-American Accessories 8 Gauge Amp Kit-2 $19.00

Amount:$232.00
Shipping & Handling:
$33.50
Total: $255.50 + the cost of a sub box say $150 for a simple sealed w/ amp mounting. So about $400 complete.

I say keep the sub amp the same for a simple single sub setup, just for show value. Your car has alot of money invested into it, so your stereo should at least look the part, even if it is cheaper IMO

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
If you want to go cheap a ported box will sound great if it's tuned right (I have a dual sealed box so I'm not biased.) The thing with ported boxes is that you don't need as much power to get good output; meaning less money to spend. :) A kicker comp VR would be good, give like 400rms and you'll be bumpin.

·
Registered
81 Posts
uhmm, i say 2 12" alpine type R subs. (220 for a pair on ebay) and i think with the left overs you can get a 1000 watt alpine amp (ebay) also. go alpine! if not my roomy is selling two memphis HPOs (12"s) in a really nice ported box. hes also selling his memphis 1000d. (he hit over 150db metered with those)

·
Damn! I Drive a Civic
4,703 Posts
bigbird said:
I want to spend about $500 max total. I just want bass to back up my death metal.
i change my last post....

adire audio shiva, this sub has amazing low end.... i also listen to alot of rock, you hear and feel every drum beat....

any decent amp that is pushing 200-300 watts rms...

jbl 600.1 would work great.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts