The Nissan Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Official Troll
2,695 Posts
Juat because it's 205-55-16 it's going to be at least $80 each.

That 4 for $99 deal at Pep Boys is more likely for 13" tires.

Try going to
http://www.tirerack.com
http://www.tires.com
and get an idea how much this is going to cost.

·
Official Troll
2,695 Posts
If you're really broke and you need tires, have you considered getting a used set of tires???

·
Be very afraid...
4,511 Posts
I got BFG Touring T/A HR-4's at our wholesale club for an installed/balanced price of about $55/ea. on my last Alty. They're good tires, better than the Eagle GA's that came on the car, and better than the Potenza's RE-92's that I have on my car now.

·
6,859 Posts
Re: *HELP*!!! i need the cheapest 205/55 r16's i can get but wont kill me on the road

Diesel Clown said:
im tempted to go pepboys 4 for 99 bucks im so broke...what should i get?
Steve if I were you I would just try and get someone steelies until you come in to some money. The cheapest in that size I was researching was the Kumhos but that is going to cost you $72 a tire plus shipping. Not to mention the mounting and all that other crap.

·
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks, i actually found a set of barely used tires for 140 mounted and balanced. i don't know how good they are but it sure beats running around in a donut. they're michelin energy mxv4. now im off to firestone customer care to see what they'll do about my messed up potenzas.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Diesel Clown said:
thanks, i actually found a set of barely used tires for 140 mounted and balanced. i don't know how good they are but it sure beats running around in a donut. they're michelin energy mxv4. now im off to firestone customer care to see what they'll do about my messed up potenzas.
Wow all four michelins for $140? Those MXV4s are excelent tires, you got an awesome deal!

·
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
98se said:

Wow all four michelins for $140? Those MXV4s are excelent tires, you got an awesome deal!
yeah i just checked tirerack.com and they quoted the tires at 137 each!! i wonder why they're so expensive though cuz the tread doesn't look that good compared to my potenza re730's.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
They are probalby the queitest tires out there. They are made with a special rubber compound that doesn't get as hot as most tires and a special extra belt. The reason they are called energy is because they last longer and belive it or not they give a slightly better gas mileage. I work for NTB and I try to sell these tires whenever I can but the prices scare them away. You got a crackhead price on those tires bro!

·
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
98se said:
They are probalby the queitest tires out there. They are made with a special rubber compound that doesn't get as hot as most tires and a special extra belt. The reason they are called energy is because they last longer and belive it or not they give a slightly better gas mileage. I work for NTB and I try to sell these tires whenever I can but the prices scare them away. You got a crackhead price on those tires bro!
:) cool! ill take your word! they are quiet though i must say.

·
Girl-Moderator
1,127 Posts
Those are the tires I have on my stock wheels.
Think they'd do good at the 1/4?

98se said:

·
Import Tech.
1,491 Posts
Look for 205-50-16's , they will be cheaper than 55's and there will be more avaliable !!!

·
Banned
4 Posts
TIRERACK SUCKS TIRERACK SUCKSTIRERACK SUCKSTIRERACK SUCKS TIRERACK SUCKSTIRERACK SUCKS TIRERACK SUCKS TIRERACK SUCKS TIRERACK SUCKS TIRERACK SUCKS TIRERACK SUCKS TIRERACK SUCKS TIRERACK SUCKS TIRERACK SUCKS TIRERACK SUCKS TIRERACK SUCKS TIRERACK SUCKS TIRERACK SUCKS TIRERACK SUCKS TIRERACK SUCKS

1 - 17 of 17 Posts