The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need some help, please.

I have a 2015 Altima 2.5SL w/53k miles. I had the battery replaced today at Advanced Auto Parts with free installation. I don't mind installing batteries myself, but between the coupon, on-site core charge return and free installation, I figure just let them do it. The swap went fine, and I didn't see anything out of the ordinary when he was installing it.

When I got home, I popped the hood and started wiping off residual dirt/debris. I heard something fall from somewhere around the driver strut tower -- thinking he maybe left a nut, cap from the anti-corrosive spray or tool. As I was looking with a flashlight, I found the below part sitting next to the battery tray. I was able to fish it out with a clothes hanger.

It appears metal, and by the looks of it, it seems to be a hose or cable holder. The only markings on it are on the blue portion's indentation, saying >PA6.6 GF30< and the reverse side says MUB 10.8. Googling it, I can't tell if it's a radiator part or not. I've spent some time browsing through Nissan's online e-part catalog diagrams and also looked at some YouTube videos with people replacing their Altima battery and paused the video while the battery was removed to see if I could spot it.

Any help would be appreciated... and even more kudos if you could post a pic where it goes.

Thanks in advance!

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
7,040 Posts
That looks like how new hose spring clips are shipped. Makes it super easy to slide clamps onto new hoses prior to installation, and once the hose is in position...you slide the clamp back into best position and quickly snap the blue holder off...voila. Since hose clamps are not needs for batteries...I'd just throw that in your tool box or whatzit jar or just bin it.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Likely fumble/dropped into car at assembly and left when they couldn't get it out quick enough.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, both. Feel better now that it didn't bolt on to anything or, for whatever reason, came deattached.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts