The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I need some help identifying this part that looks like a canister of some kind on my Sentra 2010 2.0 base. It sits behind the from bumper below the headlight.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Emissions canister or tank for windshield fluid, you need to pic the attachments like hoses that go to it to be sure. May be a vacuum reservoir too. Reach inside and see what was inside it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a supplementary air intake feeder mostly taking air from the fenders to feed the intake aside the main one.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Ah! cool that makes sense, thank you!

Does anyone know the part number? I try looking at Nissan Parts websites, google, and nothing shows up. I haven't removed it yet so all I can see is a marking saying TT-P20 but that seems to be a mold or plastic identifier.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Figure out how to block the small upper tube off and you likely can save a bundle there, I defeat those all the time. A rubber freeze plug works perfect. If a true resonator it does not have a separate air inlet, it simply bounces sound around in the volume to quieten it down. The engine may get a bit louder when you get on it. Not really necessary to engine running at all. My Versa and two Focus cars have them removed to get in and around where they were easier.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Figure out how to block the small upper tube off and you likely can save a bundle there, I defeat those all the time. A rubber freeze plug works perfect. If a true resonator it does not have a separate air inlet, it simply bounces sound around in the volume to quieten it down. The engine may get a bit louder when you get on it. Not really necessary to engine running at all. My Versa and two Focus cars have them removed to get in and around where they were easier.
Thank you amc49, that's a good tip, I managed to get a used one for cheap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts